Chapter Thirty

Lisedi

Aubrey and I laid in bed together, having small, funny conversations. His laugh made me laugh, as always. He placed small kisses all over my face whenever he had the chance. He teased me about how my round ears made me look like what he calls a little cute mouse. I laughed because I could see where he got that thought from. But he told me he loved my appearance, so that was okay.

A phone vibrated next to me on our night table.

"Was that me or you?" He asked, staring up at the ceiling.

I looked over to see which phone had a lit up screen. "Yours."

"Who is it?"

I grabbed the phone, "It's an unsaved number. The person said I keep seeing you in newspapers.. I know you well enough to know neither you or this girl got abducted or hurt. You're way too strong. You have a plan going on and it's working well for you. I just wanted to check on you and make sure you are okay, because regardless of anything, I still care," I read.

He wrinkled his eyebrows, "What's the number?"

"416-555-6612," I looked up at him.

"Sounds familiar.. Ask who it is."

"Okay," I used my fingerprint to unlock his phone. He had added my fingerprint onto his phone and I had added his onto mine. We don't go through each other's things, though. It's just the thought of trust.

I followed Aubrey's direction and asked the number who it was.

An immediate response.

4165556612: Jade.

"She says her name is Jade. Who's Jade?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

He sighed, "Wow. Uh, she's my ex-girlfriend," he sounded like he was trying to wrap his head around the fact that she even contacted him.

"Why is she texting you?"

"I honestly don't know, I'm just as surprised as you are. I told you the last time I spoke to her was years ago and she didn't want anything to do with me."

I sighed. I believed him because I trusted him.

"Am I allowed to answer her?"

"If you want to."

"I just want to let her know I'm okay. You can watch me text her, or whatever."

I nodded. I didn't know how to feel about it, honestly. But if he says there's nothing going on between them, then that's what it is. But the fact that he wanted to respond still made me feel a type of way. I watched over his shoulder as he texted her.

Aubrey: I'm fine, thanks for reaching out.

4165556612: No problem. That girl's your new girl, huh? I saw her on your Instagram a while ago, and now on the newspapers they said she's a bail bond agent. Lol that relationship would be something I'd definitely watch a show about.

Aubrey: Lol, yea, it's difficult, but she's great.

4164596612: I'm sure she is. How've you been?

Aubrey: Very happy under the circumstances... You?

4164596612: I'm satisfied with myself lol. It was nice talking to you, maybe I'll talk to you later? I'm about to go out.

Aubrey: Maybe.

He finally locked his phone.

"Are you really going to talk to her later?" I asked him.

On The Run: Original Work From The Tumblr AuthorOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara