Analysis

Barry scratched the back of his neck as he stared down at the many computer screens which curved along the main desk of the cortex. Caitlin and Cisco were seated at the desk, but their bodies were still and their eyes regarded the images they could see with a firm terror. Joe stood further back, near to Harry, an arm slung protectively around his daughter, grinding his teeth slowly. The screen displayed the steady footage of Savitar, lying collapsed in his cell, his scarred features pointed up towards the camera but his pale eye was concealed under his damaged eyelid, "So is anyone going to explain how he is alive," Joe snarled viciously under his breath, his grip on Iris tightening.

Cisco and Caitlin turned to face the three family members, their faces pale and eyes wide. They each had one hand interlocked with the others, squeezing as though they were going to be pulled apart. Barry watched them all, his own eyebrows were creasing together and his jaw clenched. His fists were balled together by his sides, he didn't trust himself to speak, not yet. "H-he must be from the future," Cisco squeaked, blinking slowly, "like Thawne,"

"He is a time remnant of a time remnant," Harry explained. His arm were crossed loosely over his chest and his shoulders remained relaxed, "we erased the Savitar of this time, but the Savitar of the past and the future still exist," Barry bit down on his lip, his eyes flicked back to the screen.

"He looks much younger than the Savitar we fought," Caitlin analysed the footage, her posture was stick straight and her fingers curled into her palm, "the scars on his face are much fresher, perhaps only a year or so old," Barry could feel fear radiating from his friend. He didn't blame her, Savitar had done so much to her, including making her loose control of her powers. He curled his lip up at the thought of loosing Caitlin to his evil dopleganger again. There was no way that was happening, not if he had something to do with it.

He could feel emotions he had long since buried after Savitar's death swirl in his consciousness. Why do villains never stay dead? "If he is much younger..." The light of Irises voice pierced through his darkened thoughts, "then maybe we could convince him to become good again,"

Barry raised his eyebrows, of all people, Iris was the one who was supposed to hate and loath Savitar the most. She was the one who was supposed to want to be the furthest away from him at all times. Yet she didn't. From the moment that she was told who Savitar really was, it was as though she couldn't hate him, all she could see was that her killer wore the face of her beloved, so his heart must be in Savitar's damaged body somewhere. Yet Barry disagreed. Savitar was him, and he could not forgive himself for ever even wanting to hurt Iris, "No," Barry hissed, looking down at his wife with an angry expression for even mentioning such a ludicrous idea.

"But Ba-," she began.

"Do you not remember what happened last time," he raised an eyebrow, his vision tinted with red. How could she still be so positive about a man who was supposed to love her but tried several times to kill her.

"Of course I remember what happened Barry," she snapped, "I was the one that shot him," her words struck her husband into a begrudging silence, "all I am saying is that we don't know if that is the version of Savitar who had just been abandoned by his friends, or the version that was locked in the speed force, and anyway what difference would it make to you if we just spoke to him?" She raised her eyebrows expectantly, her eyes scanning over her friends. Barry felt a small chord of guilt strum in his heart. He hadn't meant to upset her, he just couldn't face the idea of dealing with Savitar 2.0.

"As much as I hate to admit it..." Caitlin sighed, glancing up at Iris, "I agree with her, we don't know if we can redeem him if we don't try, and quite frankly he is a result of us being selfish," she didn't mention Barry's name. She didn't even glance in his direction. She most likely didn't even think to blame Barry for what his evil twin had become, but it was his fault. He was the one who created Flash point. He was the one who cast Savitar aside in the future. So it technically was all him.