Chapter 52: Fritten

That was Caitlin's last straw. Finally allowing the fear that Tate was forcing upon her, she allowed the cold to seep into her bones. Killer Frost took control, breathing icy breath into her lungs. The whole world around her became tinted blue. Tate staggered backwards, his mouth hung slightly ajar. Perfect. She had caught his attention. Frost always loved an unfair fight, but not when they weren't in her favour. Cold spread out of her fingertips and crystallised the metal that encased her wrists. By pulling her hands apart, she shattered the cuffs. Immediately Medusa jumped forwards in front of Tate, her eyes began to shift to a green colour but Frost was quick to squeeze her eyes shut, "fool me one, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me," with that the queen of ice rose to her feet.

"H-how," Tate's stern voice demanded with a snarl. "You shouldn't be able to turn, not under my influence,"

Killer Frost hummed in delight, "fear is my motivation, not my hamper," she laughed. The darkness she had encased herself in sent tingling shocks of caution down her spine. Frost couldn't see them, but they could see her. The noise of Tate's feet pounding on the floor told Frost she needed to move. Raw panic filtered through her body. Managing to dodge one blow by Tate, she was hit by another.

Staggering back a few steps, Frost placed a palm against her raw cheek. Tate let out a harsh laugh, "you are all talk after all. You can't see us so how do you plan to fight us?" His voice had gained back it's cocky smugness.

Frost took few more steps back, she could hear the gentle swishing of Medusa's hair. So the girl was following the icy lady's movements? Brilliant. Frost had watched Caitlin grow up reading all about Greek and Roman mythology. The little nerd had nothing better to do since she had no friends. Frost cracked her jaw, she had wanted to help Caitlin, but alas she couldn't even take control of her body yet. What Frost had learned though, was that there were many ways to stop Medusa. Frost's favourite was to decapitate the mythical snake but she had an inkling that Caitlin wouldn't talk to her instead. So she stretched for something a little more poetic. Pressing her palm to the floor, shields of ice rose up around her. It want just any ice either, it was her finest, smoothest, best polished, reflective ice.

A shriek filled the air, telling Frost she had succeeded. The ice queen proceeded to open her eyes. Surrounding her were large panels of ice. Reflected in each of them was a platinum blonde lady with amazing blue eyes. A smile tugged at her lips, Caitlin had put on her favourite outfit. They were getting to know one another so well! After quickly checking herself out and giving the wink of approval, Frost allowed the icy walls to drop. What she saw brought a wide smile to her face. Medusa was frozen in stone, her hands reaching her her face and mouth caught open wide. Frost felt her brows furrow. Tate wasn't there. Where had he gone? As Frost turned to inspect the flat floor around her, a familiar voice shouted, "DUCK FROSTY,"

Without even thinking about it, she followed the command. After all, the person who gave it was Cisco, and he was someone both Caitlin and herself trusted. A loud thud echoed from behind her. Picking herself up again, the meta surveyed her area. Cisco and Iris were standing on the side stage. Iris had a gun in her hands and Cisco was staring with a wide mouth at Barry. Behind Frost, Tate was clasping his shoulder as blood leaked steadily from it. Not a fatal injury unfortunately, but a precise one. Caitlin's alter ego would give Iris credit for having good aim. "Can you two check the surrounding area, there are more Breacher's lurking around here," Frost called to them.

Cisco and Iris traded a look before nodding at her, "will do," Cisco told her, before throwing two large metal cuffs at Frost. "Detain Tate and Medusa,"

Frost nodded her head and the two parted ways. Cisco and Iris dipped out of the hall, where the icy queen turned to her victims. It only took her seconds to cuff the pair. The moment she did, the rock around Medusa began to crumble and crack, revealing pinky flesh beneath. Frost could only watch in mild amusement as the statue cracked like and egg and the blond girl fell out of it, completely unconscious and lying in her own rubble. The ice queen snorted, glancing up at the stage. Barry was fine. He was okay. He was no longer stone. The Scarlet speedster was lying on a small pile of rocks, similar to Medusa. His chest gently rose and fell.