Realisation

Caitlin had never been one for travelling abroad. Sure the warm weather and beautiful sights were amazing, but going to a different country was stressful and to put it quite frankly, there were better things she could be doing. Why would she relax in the sun when she had several deadlines in the lab that were creeping up on her? Although the holidays themselves were nice, Caitlin just simply did not see the point.

The only person that had ever managed to convince her to travel abroad with him was Ronnie. Caitlin could remember that holiday as though she were reliving it. They had visited Italy. The sunny weather was gorgeous and Caitlin had picked up quite the tan. Her and Ronnie had spent the days by the beach and swimming in the cool, salty ocean that seemed to stretch for miles into the sapphire horizon. At night when they were walking to get food from the many taverna's dotted across the countryside, they had marvelled at the thousands of glittering stars and the soft squeaks of crickets. It had been a magical time in her life. The memory that stuck out most in her mind of that holiday was when they ventured to Rome. The city was magnificent, people were constantly buzzing about under the warmth of the sun, but what really caught her eye was the Roman coliseum. Ronnie and her had marvelled at its ancient architecture for hours on end. When the day drew close to an end and the burning orange sun had begun to set behind the gigantic structure, Ronnie had surprised her. They were just getting ready to leave as the temperature cooled to a mild warmth, but he grabbed her hand. His wide smile stopped her in his tracks and orange light danced in his hair. Before she knew what happened, he was down on one knee with a sparkly ring and a goofy grin. She couldn't say no to that smile of his. Caitlin would have done anything to go back in time and relive that moment with him.

Well, that was until she was standing in a place that was so similar to the coliseum, but so different. In that moment she would have liked to be anywhere but the fighting arena. Loud voices screamed wildly from over head, the people were concealed by darkness and the blinding lights that were shone onto the glittering sand. A voice droned softly over what sounded like a loud speaker, but Caitlin couldn't make out a word it was saying. She felt her hands tremble a little. She needed killer frost. Across from the arena was a tall and thin man, his teeth were gnarled and yellow and his clothing ragged and torn. Caitlin assumed he had been held captive for a long time. She gritted her teeth as the screaming got louder. His demented eyes were wide and rounded. He continually clenched and unclenched his fists. Caitlin felt cold fear coursing through her veins. A small buzzing in the back of her hand caught her attention. The lump in her hand had begun to softly vibrate. She raised her eyebrows as a familiar cold blackness took over her vision. Frostbite nipped at her fingers, Killer Frost was coming to life. It was the lump, of course. That was the key.

Killer Frost sucked in a deep breath as her white locks of hair bounced on her shoulders. She stared down at herself and rolled her eyes. She may have been on good terms with Caitlin but that did not mean she had to like her fashion sense. Her curled up her nose and glanced around. Yup, she was locked in a meta fighting ring with Savitar as her cell mate. A shiver ran down her spine. Of all people it had to be him. He may have been one of the few people that actually scared Killer Frost, it was something in the way his eyes moved so lazily and so carelessly, but at the same time were so analytical and critical. He had even threatened to kill her. She huffed out a cold breath, in the time she had been distracted and away with the fairies the other meta had managed to sneak up close to her. She had seen him before. He was one of the many drunk lowlifes that she had battled whilst working for Amunette. She already knew his powers.

He lunged for her, sharp shards of glass began to fly from his body. Killer Frost ducked and rolled her eyes. He may have had power, but he was not the most intelligent. She crouched down whilst he charged at her and gently placed an open palm on the ground, The sand below them crystallised with a sheen of ice. He slipped midway through his sprint and was sent crashing onto his back. He slid past the icy woman, his eyes were spinning and his mind was haywire. Killer Frost felt cold crackling against her fingers as she created a long icicle in the shape of a bat. He hurriedly tried to right himself, but with a swing of her arms Killer Frost smacked him across his temple. He collapsed onto the floor. He had always been easy to trump, he did not know how to fight in the slightest. It was amateurs like him that Killer Frost was bored of fighting, she wanted more fun.

Warmth began to spread into Killer Frost's fingers. She grumbled in annoyance. She supposed Caitlin was more likely to find a way to escape the underground Meta Fighting ring, but she too wanted to give Savitar a piece of her mind after all the crap he pulled. Especially whilst he was slow and helpless. She could only dream of her revenge on him. It would be glorious.

Barry observed the drained and pitiful faces of his friends search desperately for anything related to Caitlin. They once more had gathered in the Cortex. Barry and Iris were standing side by side in front of the main desk and Cisco was sitting behind it next to Harry. All four of them were drawing up blanks, "there's nothing," Harry scratched the back of his head, "whoever hacked our system left no trails behind and we haven't been able to identify any of the men in the footage,"

"There has to be something, something we haven't looked for or tried," Barry shook his head and placed his palms on the back of the desk, using his arms to support his entire weight. He continued to tell himself that the clue to finding Caitlin was right in front of his nose, he just needed to look harder.

"Yeah, like how did those guys know that we had Ethan?" Iris asked with a hopeful shrug, "or maybe we should be asking why both Caitlin and Ethan were taken? The only similarity between the two of them is that they were both Metas," Barry glanced at her. She had a point. He could not think of any reason that anyone would want the pair of them. They were polar opposites. He was a twisted and malicious murderer from the future, and she was a good willed bioengineer. He bit his tongue. They did have one other similarity. They were both so broken. He had been pushed aside and forgotten by his closest allies when he needed them most and she had lost all of the men she had ever loved. They were more similar than Barry was willing to admit.

"Maybe it wasn't Caitlin they were after," Cisco sat up straight and his eyes livened up a little.

"Killer Frost," Harry snorted.

"Savitar and Killer Frost worked together for quite a while," Barry stood up straight and crossed his arms, "we still don't fully know what they did together,"

"Maybe that's why they were targeted, maybe they really pissed someone off together and that someone has come seeking revenge," Iris added the corners of her lips twitched downwards.

"Possibly, but that still doesn't explain how those men knew where Ethan was," Harry replied, his brows scrunched together.

"Well then that should be our first step," Iris told them, "we find out how they knew about us and we use that against them," Barry felt a smile tug at his lips, he sure was lucky to be her husband.

A/N: Some Killer Frost action for you 🎁. The next few chapters have quite a bit of SaviFrost I am assuming you might be glad to hear. I am also secretly hoping that the mysterious speedster that keeps appearing in the show is evil. I don't care if she is Barry and Iris's daughter, she needs to be evil. Even better, she should be the next seasons antagonist. I dunno, I'm just a bit strange haha, I always want people to turn to the dark side. They have cookies.