Desperate Times

Savitar was beyond amused. If he hadn't been trapped inside of a cell, then he might have broken out into a fit of laughter. There Caitlin was, her jaw jutted out to one side, and her perfectly groomed eyebrows pinched into confusion. She let out a huff of air, making her ringlets of hair bounce on her chest, "let me get this straight," he asked, a wide grin ripped across his face, his whole body leaned against the wall of his cell, "you want me to help Barry cancel out a Tornado that is heading for the city? Really?" His voice was in a higher pitch than usual.

"Yes, please," She clasped her hands together, her delicate features screwed up in desperation, "if you don't then every one in the city, in Star Labs, including you will be ripped to shreds. It is more than a mile wide in diameter and traveling at an alarming speed straight towards the city,"

"Why would I care if you all died, I've wanted Barry and Team Flash gone for a long time," he rolled his eyes, his wide smile dipped into a taunting grin. Did she really think she could persuade him to do something that would help the very people he wanted to harm. He remembered her as being smart, had something happened to his memory?

"If we all die, then you will never be able to make Barry watch Iris die, and there are thousands of people in this city that did nothing to you," she let a small huff escape from her chest, "and anyway, if you do decide to help us then we would have to remove the power dampening handcuffs so you would have a golden opportunity to run away,"

Savitar pursed his lips. That could be exactly what he needed. That could be his chance to escape. As a bonus, Iris was alive in this timeline, and if Savitar could kill her, then he would surely destroy Barry. However, to do that he would need both Iris and the city alive. He narrowed his eyes at the Doctor, "Fine," he hissed. She may have convinced him this time, but it would not happen again.

Caitlin's eyes widened and her jaw went slack, "R-really?" Her voice shook a little, her entire frame went rigid as she awaited his response.

"Don't make me change my mind," he growled at her underneath his breath, his top lip curled up into a nasty sneer. Caitlin didn't waste a beat, she immediately made her way to the control for his cell that were embedded into the wall. With a soft whoosh and a slight ping, most off the entire front wall of his cell slid smoothly upwards into its containment section above the ceiling. A smug smile slid onto his face as he strode out into the open hallway. Caitlin looked at him blankly, her face had gone pale, her eyes were locked onto his face. He lifted his arm, brandishing the cuff that encased his wrist. She shakily nodded her head. He was pleased to see that even after his apparent death, he still had an effect on Team Flash. She stepped closer to him, she was within arms reach. He held out his wrist as she cautiously began to unlock his cuff, "What makes you think I won't just run out of the city after you take that off?"

She froze at the sound of his voice, her eyes remained trained on his wrist. He studied her petit features intently, he wondered what was going through that clever little mind of hers. She took a deep breath, "I have no way of knowing if you will help, but you are our only hope right now," her voice was frail and weak. He tilted his head to one side, a smile tugged at his lips, "and you said it yourself, you want nothing more than to hurt us all yourself, to see us in misery, but you can't do that if we are all dead," she glanced up at him for only a moment, meeting his cold stare. A soft click echoed through the air, and before it could even register in Caitlin's brain, he was gone.

The rush of wind that past his face made the corners of his lips perk upwards. The exilleration of running faster than the human eye could see pumped through his veins. He had only been without his speed for a few days, but boy had he missed it. The moment he stepped outside into the cold air of the city, he knew where the Tornado was. Thick chunks of icy hail were frozen in mid air, just about to pound down on the pavement below. He found his way out of the complex city and into the plains around it. The Tornado itself was massive, it seemed to have no end and no beginning. He charged towards it, easily finding the little red streak that was circling around its base. He joined the speedster, and began to run beside him, pace for pace. The Flash looked over at him, his eyes widened in shock and alarm. Even his mouth hung slightly agape. Savitar shot him a smug smile. The pair sped up together. The deafening wind rushed against them. Savitar could feel his clothes heating up, he was glad he had made his clothing friction resistant. The Tornado was picking things up and throwing them around. The pair had to dodge them constantly, Savitar ducked as a large rock was sent hurtling past his head. He turned to watch it be flung off into distance. It became a pinprick of darkness in the grey stormy sky.

A sharp pain ripped across his abdomen. A strangled cry escaped his throat, he looked down in horror, but never stopped running. A clawed, colourless hand was embedded in his stomach. Barry glanced over, his own eyes widening in fear. Attached to the hand was a woman of sorts, her body failed in the wind behind him. She looked at though she were made of Jelly. He didn't have much time to observe her strange appearance. With another gasp of effort and pain, he plucked her claws out of him throwing her off into the wind. Barry could barely remove his eyes from Savitar, what had just happened?