Wave 1

Sonny felt a smile pull at his cheeks. He relaxed back into the plush couch he was sitting on. The apartment his father was living in was nice. It was neat and well organised, it almost looked as though no one lived there. Sonny sat in the small living room area, where a couch and two matching armchairs, that were draped in cushions and blankets were pointing inwards towards the boxy television. Everything felt like it was untouched, and to the best of Sonny's knowledge, it may well have been. His father was the type of Captain who spent most of his time down at the docks, sleeping there when he had to. Sonny felt a small swell of pride, his father was a good captain. He inhaled deeply, everything smelt musty and worn despite it's unused appearance. It was the stark opposite of the completely cleansed and bleached air of S.T.A.R. Labs. He was glad to be back with his father, the people at the Lab were nice. Iris always gave him extra Jelly and Cisco had played some really cool games with him, but they weren't his family. He missed his Mum. If she had been by his side then he would have felt truly at ease, after all, she was the best Mum in the world. Sonny's Father entered the room, he bore a wide grin as he crashed down into the leathery sofa next to his son. Sonny studied him, he looked older, "Dad?" He asked, catching the attention of his father.

"Yeah?" He replied, his eyes gazed down gently on his son.

"What happened to you when I was gone?" Sonny tilted his head to the side, his inquisitive eyes bore into two older ones.

"I just worked Sonny," the Captain let a gust of air escape his lungs. Sonny felt his shoulders droop a little. He had hoped for something a little grander than just work. The Captain pursed his lips, "but you know what I did the most?" Sonny raised his eyebrows, "I missed you," the older man told his son. His soft blue eyes began to water and he gazed with love filled eyes at his child.

Sonny smiled back at his father. It wasn't that cool, but he appreciated the sentiment. He wrapped his small arms around his father's chest, "you don't have to miss me anymore, because I am here now," he mumbled into the fabric of the captain's clothing. His father didn't reply, he just wrapped his long arms and pulled his child into a tight hug. Sonny felt safe. His father's warmth made him feel protected, like nothing could ever hurt him.

"Isn't that cute," a harsh and gravelly voice cut through their peace from behind. Sonny pulled away from his father in alarm and swivelled around only be greeted by a tall and pale man leaning over them. His eyes were sunken and his cheeks grey, his leather Jacket hung limply from his skeletal frame.

Sonny's Father sprang to his feet, twisting his body to face the man, "who are you?" He barked. Sonny scrambled to stand beside the Captain.

"That doesn't matter," the man shrugged, his jacket crinkled loudly with every movement he made, "but that boy matters," he pointed bony finger Sonny, followed by his dark and soulless eyes. The only thing keeping the strange man from Sonny was the Sofa. The Captain wrapped a hand around Sonny and pulled him behind him, "if you relinquish him to me without much of a fight then I won't have to hurt you,"

"Not a chance," the Captain snorted. Sonny gripped his father's arm tightly. The Flash had said that some mean men would be after him, but he hadn't really believed it until that moment. His heart hammered in his ears. He knew his dad wouldn't give him up, but that didn't mean it was impossible for them to take him.

"That's too bad," he sighed, he lifted an arm with his palm open wide. Sonny's eyes widened as he gripped tighter onto his Father. He didn't want to die. His breath caught in his chest as the centre of the man's palm began to glow a soft blue colour. He squeezed his eyes shut. He waited with baited breath, but nothing seemed to happen. The longer he waited, the tighter his chest felt. Finally a loud crash made him jump from his skin.

"That was a close call," the familiar voice of the Flash made Sonny's eyes spring open. His ears were not deceiving him, the Flash was standing in there sitting room. The dead looking man was lying in a crumpled pile on the floor. The child breathed a sigh of relief.

"Thank you," the Captain breathed, looping an arm over Sonny's shoulder. Sonny felt a small smile cross his features.

"No problem," The Flash waved them off with the back of his hand. Sonny was beginning to feel relief whenever he saw that yellow lightning bolt. It meant help was on its way and that he had nothing to fear. They didn't have much time to relax however. A large blue portal opened up below the skeletal man with a soft whoosh, and he fell through before the Flash had realised what was happening. Sonny didn't mind though. He was safe. The Flash on the other hand sighed loudly, "damn it, we could have questioned him," he whined in a high pitched voice. He crossed his arms firmly over his chest, before turning back to the Father and son, "Okay, I think you guys should come back to the Lab for a little bit," Sonny felt his shoulders fall and his father's grip around his shoulders tightened just a little, "only until we figure out how he tracked you down," he added quickly.

The Captain let out a weary sigh, "Okay,"

The Flash sent him a sympathetic smile, "I promise we will do our best to protect your son Captain,"

"Just call me Gareth," the man waved off the Flashes formalities, "it seems like we have known each other long enough for you to call me by my first name," he let out a hearty laugh. The Flash nodded, his smile shifting into a cheesy grin. Sonny leant closer into his dad. He didn't mind the lab, but he preferred home.

A/N: Okay, shorter chapter than usual and with no SaviSnow. Sorry bout that hehe. Any ways, next chapter begins with some SaviSnow interaction. I have already written many of their interactions and honestly I wish they had introduced Caitlin Snow to Savitar in the show, but c'est la vie XD