Finding Dor-Caitlin. Yes, Caitlin, That's What I Meant

Barry felt the familiar smell of the salty sea wash over him. The sun cast orange and red rays across the sky as it melted into the horizon. The gentle lulling of the waves nearly dampened the speedsters rage. He clenched his hands into fists and sucked in a deep breath, his red suit protected him from the cold sea drafts. A large ship rocked on the open waters next to Barry, it creaked under the strain of staying afloat. The port wasn't large, it could only hold a few boats at a time and it was fairly empty. Only one ship and it's Captain were present. Gareth sat on the edge of the docks wearing his Captain's uniform, leaning backwards against his hands. He was staring expressionlessly into the sunset. Barry made his way over to the Captain, the wooden planks below him groaned in protest. He found himself towering over the man. The Captain turned his head up to see The Flash and sent him a friendly smile, but the moment he took in the speedsters angry expression, his face fell.

A salty breeze drifted over the pair. Barry felt the leather of his suit crinkle as he crossed his arms over his chest, "you betrayed us Gareth," Barry stared blankly, his voice was harsh and cold. He couldn't understand why so many people betrayed them. It wasn't fair. Team Flash had suffered enough.

The Captain returned his gaze to the open waters, "I did," he sighed. His face crinkled downwards and his body slumped just a little.

Barry pulled his eyebrows together, "you are not going to try and deny it?" The Captain continued to confuse the Flash. His constant complacency and calmness was very refreshing from the usual erratic and insane criminals Barry stopped on a daily basis.

"What would be the point?" He replied, never taking his eyes away from the horizon, "your team doesn't seem like the type to place blame without solid proof," he chortled slightly. The orange rays from the sun caught the edges of his downturned features.

Barry sat down by the Captain's side and swung his legs over the edge of the docks. Waves threateningly splashed against the wood below them forming swirling, dark whirlpools, "Why did you do it?" Barry asked, his eyes stared intently at the man as though he would simply fade from existence. He was their one shot at saving Caitlin, he would be darned if he let the Captain escape.

"The men that asked me to do it have my wife," he replied with a heavy sigh. His eyes sparkled gently under the light of the setting sun, "they told me they would kill her if I didn't plant all of those cameras. So I did as they asked, I shouldn't have,"

"What men?" Barry urged him to keep talking. He had known the Captain's wife was missing, but he had presumed she had died the night the particle accelerator exploded. He could feel his anger slipping from his grasps. He knew what he was capable of when it came to protecting Iris, and it scared him.

"The very same men that took your friend, Dr Snow," he told him. The world had seemed to slow down, a small rush of excitement pulsated through Barry.

"Do you know where she is?" Barry asked, raising his eyebrows under his cowl. They could get Caitlin back. They could finally get Caitlin back after so long.

"She has been taken to an underground Meta fighting ring," he began, his voice was devoid of any emotion. Barry felt his heart drop, how could Team Flash have not known about a meta fighting ring? "It is in the caves on the West side of the city,"

Barry was on his feet in an instant, he moved to Flash away, but something stopped him. He wasn't sure if it was the sad look that dominated the normally peaceful Captain's face or if it was sympathy for the man, but he froze dead on his tracks, "Who is your wife?" He asked.

The Captain still had not removed his eyes from the horizon, but he lifted a hand and gingerly waved the speedster off, "go and find your friend,"

Barry bit down on his lip. He hadn't expected the Captain to be so cooperative, "thank you," he simply stated before jumping into Flash time. Finally he was going to find Caitlin and bring her home.

Ethan felt the speedforce drain from his body long before he had found a way to escape. Long plumes of smoke had begun to chase him down the many intertwining tunnels and caves. Orange light danced in the tunnel he had just emerged from. He had found himself in a guard's barracks of sorts. There were several beds that lay on the wooden floor and dressers beside every one of them. The room was large, roughly the size of the speed Lab. The beds were placed against the wall, lined up in an orderly fashion. Some of the beds were made, but most were strewn with clothing and messy duvets. Ethan scanned the room in panic. There was no other doors in the room besides the one he had come from.

If he could have slapped himself, he might have. He needed to focus but couldn't figure out how. He had so many things to do. He began to search through all of the beds and dressers in a mad rush. Clothes and covers went flying in the air. The guards wouldn't mind, all of their stuff was going to be burned to ashes anyway. A gleaming light caught his eye. On the far wall away from him was a large bored covered in hooks with neat little labels below them. Hanging from each of the hooks was a single silvery key. He recognised those keys all too well. Luckily for him, they were exactly what he needed to escape.

A/N: Basically everything in this chapter has just hit the fan 😂. Anyway, I just wanted to say that soon my updates might be changing to every three or four days. I want to start writing longer chapters and sometimes I need more time to write the chapters us and stuff. Hope you're enjoying the story, and thanks for reading!