Hard Headed (16)

The two boys showed up late to the party, and were let in by Cedric who just so happened to be outside.  They had never been in the Hufflepuff commons before, so they tried to figure out what Cedric did to get in and failed. Mable came up to them rolling her eyes.

"You do realize you were supposed to get here at eight, and its ten thirty?" She asked them.

"We forgot" They said together with a shrug. The room was filled with people and drinks and music, and they had to speak loudly for her to hear them.

"Where's Honey?" Fred asked curiously.

"You just missed her" She said, rolling her eyes at him. "You really are hopeless. I just want you two to be happy but no! You just had to get here two hours late."

Mable threw her arms up and stormed off, making them all exchange glances. Cedric just laughed, and handed both boys drinks he had picked up from the table.

"She's had too  much to drink" He told them,

"Where would Honey have gone?" George asked curiously,

"Find Roger Davis and I'm sure she wont be far" He answered, watching Fred down the drink no questions asked.

"Are they like... together?"  Fred asked bitterly. He didn't want to think about what they were doing. He was angry and confused, because while he knew that she was not the most innocent out there, he was mad it wasn't him.

"What? No" Cedric answered, taking a drink of his own.  "Don't you guys have a friend that you can do stuff with, but with no strings attached?"

They both just shrugged, knowing that they did and that they really couldn't judge her for what she was doing. That didn't mean they liked it, Fred hated it, but he did the same with Katie Bell, and George with pretty much whoever he wanted. He was the ladies man of the two of them, because all Fred really cared about was Honey. He decided to forget about it, and the best way to do that was with the alcohol provided at the party.

Somehow both boys made it to their dorm safe and sound, and woke up the next morning feeling like crap, but in one piece. It wasn't anything one of Lee's hangover potions couldn't handle. They got up and dressed, and headed to the great hall to find Honey and Mable sitting at the Gryfandor table waiting for them. They stopped talking when they approached.

"Hey! I heard you guys made it to the party." Honey said smiling. She was cheerful, and for once her cheerfulness was bothering Fred. Though, it was more the fact that he knew she had done things with Roger.

"Yeah, we didn't get to see you though" Fred said pointedly, making Honey look at him curiously. He sounded like he was mad at her, but she had no idea why. George and Mable watched them curiously, wondering how this would turn out.

"What's wrong?" She asked confused. He was just about to answer, when Roger Davis himself appeared behind Honey.

"Hey" He said simply, making Honey roll her eyes to their confusion,

"What?" She asked him, 

"I just wanted to see if you wanted to hang out" He started, but Honey interrupted him. He sounded confident, but his confidence faltered as she spoke.

"Didn't we just talk about this?" She asked him seriously, looking at him like he was stupid.

"Yes, but-"

"But what, Roger? I'm not your girlfriend, I'm not your friend, and I don't want to talk to you means that I don't want to talk to you." She said simply.

"You were drunk when you said that" He said like it explained everything. Honey simply pointed to the Ravenclaw table and looked at him until he left.

"Man, that boy is hard headed" She said to Mable with a small smile, then turned back to Fred. "So, what's your issue?"

"Nothing" He said with a grin, and since Honey knew he wasn't lying, she let it go. Nothing was wrong anymore at least.

"You never told me how big his-" Mable started, but the twins interrupted her with noises of disgust.

"Not as big as you'd think" She answered, casting amused looks at the boys next to her.

 Honey and Mable spoke during their Care for Magical Creatures class about Fred. Honey explained that she was ready to start the flirting she had learned, but felt like she needed to get Roger off her back before she could. She was nothing if not honest. So, since that day they had Defense against the dark arts with the twins instead of potions, Honey stood a little closer to Fred than she normally did. It was subtle, but he sure did notice. George noticed too, and Mable just winked at him.

The lesson they were having was about Boggarts, and since Mable wanted to go, she was in front of George. Honey was behind Fred since she really hoped she wouldn't have to go. She didn't know what would show up unlike everyone else. When Mable got up there, a scorpion appeared, but she handled it easy enough. George's fear shook a few of them more than others, as Fred appeared- dead on the floor. He disappeared and Honey took his place, then Ginny, then Ron, and when it turned into Molly he finally said the spell. 

Fred and Honey both gave him comforting pats as he passed to go to the back of the line, and Fred stepped forwards. Both she and George knew what he was scared of, so when the Boggart turned into Honey they weren't surprised. It wasn't Honey just standing there, but with a sword stuck directly through her. It didn't change into someone else though, and looked down at the object with surprise as blood leaked out of it's mouth. He had to look back at Honey to remind himself that she was okay, and seeing her giving him a comforting smile gave him the strength he needed to say the counter spell.

Just as he did, the dismissal bell rang loudly. Lupin congratulated them all on doing such a well job, and they all walked out of the teachers common room to get to their next class.

"Are you scared of swords or Honey dying?" Mable asked him curiously, as Honey had went in the  other direction to go to charms. 

"Both" He answered casually with a shrug, as if the answer wasn't pressing down on him painfully.