Smile Back (44)

Honey was reconsidering going to see Cedric and Mable. With the Weasleys, she had faced the situation head-on, but with them, she didn't. She let someone else tell them, and she had no way of knowing if that was better or worse.  

When she entered her dorm, which was empty of her things, she didn't see Mable anywhere, so she decided to see if Cedric was in his dorm. She had seen all his roommates in the common room, so there was a good chance he was there. She was surprised to find Mable there too. They were both laying in his bed, and staring at the ceiling much like the boys were. 

"Hey," She said, closing the door behind her and leaning against it for support. She was nervous.

"Is it true?" Mable asked her, propping herself up on her elbows to look at Honey. 

"Yeah," Honey said, feeling numb. To say she was still in a state of shock herself was an understatement. 

"Do you have a plan?" She asked her, blinking a few times as a way of processing what she had said.

"To live my life while I can," She said with a shrug, pushing herself off the door to sit on the bed with them. They had both pulled themselves up, and Cedric even mustered a smile at what she had said. "Seriously. I have still got two years before I get really sick. I mean sure I feel like shit now but that didn't stop me from having fun all school year!"

"You mean you knew something wasn't right all this time?" Cedric asked her curiously.

"Of course I did," She answered, "I never expected it to be this bad, but I knew. I don't want things to change because of this. I'm not saying that we pretend it's not happening, but I want us to come to terms with it early on so that my last couple years aren't sad. Can we do that?"

"Of course," They said, pulling her into a double hug much like the twins did. 

"Okay, well I have to go now, but I'll make sure to see you guys this summer!" She told them, pulling away.

"You're leaving?" Mable asked disappointedly.

"Yeah, I've got a doctors appointment in two days to get everything settled, and I'm moving because Xenophilius disowned me in November and I never told you guys," She told them with a casual smile. "I'm leaving Tiberius with Fred, which will hopefully make him feel a little better."

"How are they doing?" Cedric asked her curiously, as she got up.

"Not too good. I'll see you guys soon."

With that Honey made her way to Dumbledores office where Sirius and Remus were waiting for her. They were relieved to see her in an okay state, and the three of them got into the fireplace together to go where ever it was that they were staying. Sirius had told her that it was his parent's house, that had been left to him when they passed away, though he never thought that he would ever be back there.

Since they had plenty of time to prepare for her being there, the two of them had already set up a room for her. They had cleaned it out well enough and painted the walls light pink. Sirius told her it was because he didn't think she would want to be reminded of her old room that he had seen when Remus went pick of her things from her old house the day before. 

"I love it guys, thank you," She told them with a smile, she could tell they were nervous about it. "So where your room?"

"The last door on the left," Sirius told her casually.

"I'm assuming that's where your room is too?" She asked Remus with a grin. He put his hands into his pockets and shifted awkwardly, making her laugh. "I knew it!"

"Your not mad that I didn't tell you?" Sirius asked her curiously.  

"You pretty much did. Why would I be mad anyway?" She asked him as Remus let out a small breath of relief. 

"I don't know," He admitted with a shrug. "Do you need help unpacking?"

"Yes, please!" She said, taking a look at all the things she had there. 

With their help, she was able to finish unpacking her things within two hours, as opposed to over the next few days if she had done it on her own. They had spent that time talking and joking around, about how Remus and Sirius got into a relationship or about how she was feeling about everything. She admitted to them that she never felt as at home at her old house as she did there, just because the two of them made her feel welcome. They were glad to hear that, and when they were done unpacking gave Honey a tour of the rather large house.

Her doctor's appointment was more informational than anything, giving her a more in-depth description of what she would be facing during the time to come. She was surprised to hear that no longer being able to use magic would be the first sign that things were going to go downhill. Since the disease itself came from her magic, she would no longer be able to channel it as, in her own words, it would be too busy killing her to do anything else. They prescribed her tons of different medications to make her feel more comfortable, including ones for pain, fever, weakness, nausea, and whatever other symptoms that she might feel. They had never been faced with her situation before and felt guilty that there was nothing they could do to help her.

Since Honey had taken and passed her appreation test that day, she had decided to go over to the burrow. Molly and Arthur were glad to see her and knew that the boys would be too when they picked them up from the train station. She was sipping on a cup of tea, chatting with Arthur in the living room when Molly got home with them.  The two boys walked in, they put their bags down and hugged her with a smile. They were sad, but after talking to Mable and Cedric about what she said to them, they realized that she was right and that they were going to make their time with Honey last. Tiberius was happy to see her too and clawed his way up George to get to her, which made her laugh. Her laugh seemed to be contagious, because it soon spread to the two boys as well, being the first smiles that they had since she left.