Calm Before the Storm (58)

Going to Platform 9 3/4 on September 1 and not getting on the train was a strange feeling for all of them. According to Arthur, it stopped feeling so weird after a while, which made them laugh. They had gone to see off all the kids, ignoring the sense of dread they felt at the sight of everyone's somber expressions. Everyone was scared of what might happen to them while their kids were safe at school.

"I can't believe Dumbledore is letting Snape teach defense," Fred said to her bitterly as the train pulled away. "I just glad we won't be there to see it."

"You and me both," Sirius said to him, "Now, it's birthday time!"

"Or it could be nap time!" Honey pointed out with a hopeful smile. She had never been one for birthday parties, mostly because they always fell on the first day of school. "I'd rather not celebrate this year."

"It's too late, the party is already planned," Fred said with a chuckle. He knew that she knew he was telling the truth, so she took his outstretched hand with an eye roll and let him appreciate them away.

She had more fun than she thought she would, considering it was just the Weasleys, Sirius, Remus, Tonks, Mable, and Cedric. They also didn't go all out as she had expected, and all they really did was hang out like normal but with cake and party hats. She was glad that the two boys weren't questioned about how she had been because she made them promise not to say anything about it if they could. She was sure that she had reached the middle point of her sickness that the doctor had told her about. It wasn't nearly as bad as the beginning was, but it w as the calm before the storm and before anyone them knew what happened, she would get bad again.

When on the topic of Wedding planning, the two of them didn't know anything besides they wanted for it to be outside. Neither one of them wanted to spoil the fun for Molly so they told her that she could really do whatever she wanted. Once they realized that if left to it, she would make it extremely extravagant, Honey asked to help her.

Before they knew it, it was Christmas again already which meant that Ginny and Luna were there to help Molly and give Honey some time off from her. She knew that once everything was planned then they wouldn't have to worry about it, which was why they were doing it then before even picking a date. Fred wanted it to be as soon as possible, mostly because he was excited, but Honey was leaning towards August because of the weather. Part of him wondered if she was procrastinating, but he knew she wasn't because the weather really was beautiful in August.

Everyone was surprised when Bill brought Fleur Delecour along to spend Christmas with them, introducing her as his girlfriend. He took the focus off of her by being fake mad about not being invited to what he referred too as the 'engagement party' but he was really just sad he didn't get to see it and Charlie did. He wasn't surprised at all that it happened and was extremely happy about it, going on and on about how proud he was and being excited that Honey would finally be his real sister. 

They started mailing the invitations in February, making sure that they spat out confetti when they were opened. Honey didn't have many people to invite considering she didn't have family outside of Luna and Sirius, but she did invite Xenophilius. He was her dad for most of her life, and when she thought about getting married she couldn't imagine him not being there. The date was set for August 1 of 1997 and everyone was beyond excited for it. Not only because they were getting married, but also because of the fact that things with the war were getting worse every day and it was nice to have something to look forward too. 

The two of them didn't tell anyone that the invites were coming in so Ginny was sure to tell them about all the havoc that they caused with them by purposely sending them to arrive during dinner. They had sent one to all the teachers that they had during their time in school, as well as their siblings, Ron, and Harry. They all opened the letters around the same time so the great hall seemed to rain confetti from the charmed envelopes. Snape was not too Happy about that at all, but that was the whole reason they had sent him one too. 

They were all very surprised when the order sent a Patronus to their flat with a summons. It was late June, and yet they were called to Hogwarts to help fight off death eaters. Death Eaters at Hogwarts seemed like such a foreign concept to them because it always seemed like an untouchable place. Honey went with them, but instead of going out to fight she sat with Madam Pomfrey in the hospital wing. She knew that if she did try and fight, not only would she would get hurt because she wasn't feeling her best that day, but Fred and George would worry which would throw their game too.

To pass the time and distract themselves from what was happening outside the two of them chatted about her wedding. Madam Pomfrey was very pleased and a tad surprised to have received an invitation which made Honey laugh and tell her that she wouldn't dream of not sending her one. Throughout the years they had become close, due to her being sick as well as how the boys always made their way in there. They had to stop talking when people started to come in so that she could help them.

She was stunned to the bone when the door burst open and Arthur and Fleur were carrying Bill in between them. Molly wasn't far behind with the rest of her children who seemed to be in decent condition. She checked Fred for injuries the second he got close enough, knowing that the matron would be busy. He, and everyone else seemed okay, though stunned. Sirius came in then, carrying an unconscious Harry along with him. She wanted to ask what had happened but she was too worried about Bill to care enough.

Bill was attacked by Fenrir Greyback, but since it wasn't a full moon they didn't think that he would be affected much, besides the wicked scars on his face. Once everyone was sure that Bill was okay, they started talking about what happened and that was when Honey found out that Dumbledore was dead and that Snape had been the one to kill him.

A/N:
UPDATE SCHEDULE SHOULD BE BACK ON TRACK
See you not this Monday but next, and don't forget to comment what you guys are thinking and what you want to happen in this story!