Welcoming Teddy (68)

Almost immediately after the engagement Bill and Tonks came clean about their relationship with his parents. Though, they did leave out the part about the baby. That was upon Bill's request since he wanted to find a fun way to tell them since this was their first grandbaby. Grandson, they found out. Bill had joined Tonks at her next appointment when they found out the babies gender.

Honey's days were spent thinking of baby names considering Bill had the same idea as Tonks about her choosing it. It seemed like a lot of pressure and where Fred wanted her to choose something silly to give the kid a hard time about, she wanted it to be something special. That was why they were choosing her to do it, after all.

She chose Edward for a first name, the name of Tonk's father who had been only just killed by a death eater. She had told Tonks to name him that before it had happened because she knew that was what Tonks really wanted to do, and she thought that the name was adorable. They were going to call him Teddy for short and Honey's request was that when he asked what his name was short for that they would tell him Tedward and that she had chosen it.

His middle name was to be Hudson. It sounded a lot like Honey and they told her that the reason they wanted her to choose was that they wanted to commemorate their son's name to her. She also admitted to Tonk's privately that she had always adored the name and her younger self would have told her that she would name her own child that someday. She felt guilty for choosing their son's name because that would be his name forever, but the couple couldn't have been happier with what she had chosen.

When February came around, the plan to tell Molly and Arthur came into play in the form of a graphic t-shirt that they gave Arthur for his birthday reading Worlds Greatest Grandpa. They got one for Molly as well, and to say they were surprised was an understatement, but they were happy none the less. Arthur had even joked at the beginning of his party that a grandchild would make an excellent gift, and he thought that everyone's laughs were because they thought it was funny and not that they knew something that he didn't. Tonk's was very noticeably pregnant by then, hiding her seven-month bump under a blanket and the right choice of clothes.

The two got married in a casual and quick ceremony shortly after. The two of them weren't fond of having a fancy event, not that they even could have due to the fact that death eaters were in power nearly everywhere. Honey was the maid of honor, and Charlie the best man, even though it was very difficult for him to get there safely. The only guests that attended were their immediate families, and Tonk's mother walked her down the aisle before taking a seat next to Sirius with watering eyes.

April brought along lots of fake going into labor jokes to bill on April fools day and the twins birthday. Honey took them for a tour of a muggle joke factory, one owned by Mr. Zonko that incorporated very minimal amounts of magic in the products which made it legal to sell to muggles as it caused no harm, only made them hard to figure out for them. The two could not have been happier, happily rolling Honey down the hallways in her wheeled chair.

The wheeled chair was the only way that she could get around at that point, not that she left the house often. That was why it was such an amazing birthday gift for them because they got to spend the day with her outside of the house for a change. They all knew that it was only a matter of time before things started changing, and they were glad to enjoy their time together even more.

Tonks actually did go into labor around the middle of April, prompting a few responses on how far away April fools day was before they realized that she was actually serious. She had opted for a home birth instead of one in the death eater infested hospitals for obvious reasons. Honey was lucky to have been there when it happened because she was able to stay with her for the process. She couldn't do much but hold her hand and stroke her hair as her head was laid in her lap and whisper comforting words to her. After hours that felt like days, there was a new Weasley brought into the world.

He seemed so fragile but in a good way, a shocking thought next to Honey being fragile in a bad way. She was happy for them, yet Fred felt so sad for the first time in a while that he had to excuse himself at the sight of Honey holding the small baby in her arms. He felt selfish to not be happy for his brother because in that moment he was miserable. He wanted that- a family with her- but he would never get it. While the new parents passed around the child, Fred sat on the bathroom floor with his head in his mother's chest and cried his eyes out. When she came in he tried to hide his face from her but ended up breaking down completely when she didn't even hesitate to take him into her arms with tears of her own.

Soon enough he was able to shake it off, using a spell to clear his face up and putting on a happy face to go back into the room and hold his new nephew. They all ignored the twinge that they all felt themselves at the sight of him holding him just as they had done with Honey. There wasn't anything that they could do or say to them about their painfully fake smiles.

A/N I attached a pic of me looking rough and crying over that last part there.