Confidence (27)

Honey found herself in the shrieking shack once again, sitting with Sirius once again while he ate. She was hiding, from Mable and George who she knew would start questioning her about her kiss with Fred last night. They would find Fred eventually and ask him, but that was better because he could brush them off while Honey couldn't.

"Are you okay?" Sirius asked her curiously. "You've' been staring at that wall since you got here."

"Yeah" She replied shortly, taking a bite of her own hardly touched food.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked her, putting his food down to show she had his full attention.

"Well, there is this boy" She started, a smile on her face when Sirius groaned and said of course. "He's not just any boy, he's my best friend, and has been since we were little. He and his twin."

"And you like him? This twin one?"

"Yes but, It's more complicated than that" She said to him, propping her head up on her hand. "So far the only person I could confide in about this is his older brother, who I don't get to see or talk to very often. I can't talk to... twin two, because well they're twins, or my friend Mable because she'll make it into something it's not. See the complicated thing is that we've kissed and... stuff but we kept it to ourselves because we never talked about it."

"Why didn't you talk?" He asked, happy that she was confiding in him. He liked to feel like he was helping her.

"That's where it gets even more complicated. I can't lie. At all" She said, her words just flowing out, "My mother was an inventor. She liked to play with spells and one day the spell backfired, causing an explosion and hitting me. It was a truth spell, and because Fred knows this, he doesn't ask because he know's i'll have to answer. At least, that's what I think. I just don't feel the need to talk to him about it, because I don't want to mess things up by saying too much, and because things are fine the way they are. We aren't awkward about it, or uncomfortable around each other. It just happened and we let it."

"If you're okay with what you guys have, then what is the problem?" Sirius asked, thinking about what she said about not being able to lie. He figured they could touch on that another time.

"Last night we kissed again" She told him, "At a party in front of Mable and his brother."

"Oh, I can see how that could be a problem."

"Mable doesn't know I can't lie. Which is how I knew you were an animagus, by the way, and how I believed you so quick. I can't be lied to either."

"Have you thought about telling her?" She stayed silent. Of course she had, but for some reason she was hesitant. "That would distract her from the twin one thing."

"Fred" She told him, making him tilt his head in confusion. "The boy. His name is Fred."

With that, Honey said goodbye and headed back up to the castle. She wanted to find Mable while she still had the confidence, and she walked through the castle with fierce determination. She spotted the golden trio around the corner, and figured she could cut her search short.

"Do you have the map on you?" She asked, not wasting any time. 

"You knew about it?" Ron asked, as Harry handed it to her without question. Honey was someone he knew he could trust, simply because the Weasley's did so much.

"Of course" She said, spotting Mable near the great hall with the twins and Cedric. She figured that was the perfect opportunity to tell Cedric too.

She thanked them and quickly made her way there before they moved or she chickened out. Mable noticed her coming instantly, and by the looks of it the conversation they were having was directed at Fred. 

"Just the person we were looking for" She said, a smile on her face.

"I've been hiding from you" She said, making Fred crack a smile.

"Well, we need to talk ab-" Mable started, but Honey interrupted her.

"You're right. We do need to talk, but not about what you want" She said, her serious tone wiping the smile right off her face. The twins watched her curiously, wondering where she was going with this.

"Is everything all right?" Cedric asked, taking a protective step forwards. His tone made her anxious, like something bad happened.

"Do you remember when we got into that fight, and I grabbed your arm? And you blurted out the truth?" She asked him. His eyes sparked with curiosity, because he did remember it.  "That was me. I did that."

"What do you mean you did that?" Mable asked confused. The twins were watching, knowing that she wanted them there for nothing if not moral support. Honey put her hand on Mables shoulder then, making her give her a look of confusion.

"Try to lie" She stated, 

"What?" She asked surprised. 

"Do you think I'm attractive?" George asked her, making Honey and Fred scoff.

"Yes" She said, though her tone of voice clearly said no. 

"What the hell?" She said surprised, looking at Honey with wide eyes.

"It's permanent for me. I can't lie, or be lied too either" She stated. "I figured it was about time told you both. It was unfair to keep it from you."

"It makes so much sense!" Mable said, snapping her fingers. Honey let go of the breath she didn't know she was holding when Mable smiled, and Cedric laughed.

"It really does" Cedric said, before turning to the twins "And you guys knew? Who else does?"

"Just them, the older Weasleys, Dad, Luna, and Lee" Honey answered, "Lee overheard a conversation with my dad over the summer, which is why he knows."

"How did it... happen?" Mable asked, sitting down on the bench next to them. The hall was deserted, which was good.

 Fred and George gave her a thumbs up and made their way down the hallway to give the three of them some space. They were proud of her. She explained to them how it happened, and it felt nice to finally open up to them. She also successfully distracted them from the Fred situation.