You Don't Care Anymore (22)

Honey decided to start the morning off on a good note, so she got up and started making breakfast for her and her father. She wasn't quite finished when he came down, but they stayed silent as he made a cup of coffee and she continued. He sat down at their round table, and sipped on his large coffee.

"Good morning" She said, placing his plate of food on the table. Her voice was so quiet he almost didn't hear her, and knowing he hurt her upset him.

"Thank you" He said, gesturing to his plate of food.

"Why?" She said, leaning against the counter on her hands with her back turned to him. "I don't understand why you would do something like that. How long has it been happening?"

"After you left for Hogwarts, but-" He said, he went to add on but Honey interrupted him.

"After I left?" She asked surprised, "Luna was eight for merlins sake and you were doing drugs?"

"I waited until she left-"

"Do you think that makes it any better?" She yelled at him, turning around to face him with fire in  her eyes. "You could have talked to me about it at any time. That was five years ago! I knew, too, I just didn't want to ask"

"I couldn't talk to you about it!" He yelled back, "You were a child-"

"and I had to grow up real fast to take care of this family." She interrupted. "I took care of Luna while you were locked away in your room. I helped her with her homework and helped her grieve the loss of our mother while you wanted nothing but to sit around and paint and write your idiot newspaper articles."

She was no longer yelling, but speaking loudly enough that Molly, the twins, and Lee could hear her from where they were almost at the door. They didn't know what was happening, or why Molly asked them to go with her, but they were starting to understand.

"You don't care for us anymore." Honey continued, "You probably don't even know how I work because you never speak to us. You're too worried about your pills and oh, the crack I found in the flower vase.  I still can't lie, you know. Since the spell back fired four years ago, it hasn't worn off like the doctors said it would. I'm such an idiot for not fully realizing sooner. You haven't been there for me, or Luna in years, since mom-

Molly came to a stop at the kitchen door, just as Xenophilius interrupted Honey by slapping her. The twins didn't see, but the loud smack they heard was enough to make their hearts drop. 

"So that's how we're going to do this? Really?" Honey asked him, not even effected by the blood coming down her cheek from where his ring had cut her.

 She held her ground, ignoring the pain. He went to hit her again and they were both surprised when Molly pulled her out of the way. Neither one of them had heard her come in, and Honey gave a shriek of surprise as she was tossed into someones arms and pulled out of the house. They didn't let go until they were down the stairs, and she whipped around to see it was Fred, and George and Lee were not far from him. 

"What the hell?" She asked surprised. She could hear Molly saying something inside but wasn't paying attention to it. She was still in a state of shock from their sudden arrival. Fred ignored what she said, and raised her chin to look at the cut on her cheek.