CHAPTER ONE

This Guilty Blood

~

It feels like centuries since that day happened, the day Jace and I joined Valentine and my father, but alas it had only been a few months at that.

Jace and I walked along the ship, staring at the fallen bodies of the ones who didn't make it, my blade held tightly in my hand as I crouched down, staring at a dead body, just laying there lifelessly.

"Jace." I heard Clary call out, I furrowed my brows and turned around while standing up "Ariana." I heard her call out again, a soft tone to her voice as Jace and I shared a look before we looked to where her voice was, and like it was some miracle, she was there, walking towards us.

"Is that my jacket?" I questioned, looking at the blue leather jacket she was wearing, Clary just smiled and shrugged, I ran forward and hugged her tightly before letting go.

"How did you get here?" Jace questioned, Clary looked from where she came from and replied "I portaled in, come on, let's go. We don't have much time."

"We can't." I whispered, looking at the others who were walking around the ship, hoping they wouldn't spot us.

"What?" Clary asked, looking and sounding shocked.

"Look, we got to get you out of here." Jace muttered.

"No, I'm not leaving without you." Clary shook her head, I turned mine as I heard someone running towards us, I took out my own blade and crashed it against theirs, stopping the man from attacking Clary and Jace.

I kicked him away from me and brought my blade down only for him to block it with his, I growled and kicked him in the face, knocking him out cold. Jace ran over and looked done at the man on the floor.

"My dear Clarissa." I heard Valentine say as I quickly ran to stand in front of her, protecting her from Valentine, Jace doing then same, but protecting me instead. "You are tenacious, aren't you?"

"Stay back." Jace warned him, holding his blade out in front of him while I did the same with mine, Clary held onto my hand as we slowly walked backwards, away from Valentine, my father just a little bit behind him, looking disappointed at me.

Valentine took out his own blade, getting ready to fight Jace, I looked at Clary who didn't look shocked at all, more interested with what might happen.

Jace and Valentine began to fight as their blades crashed together loudly, Clary's had tightened in mine "It's okay." I muttered, looking at my blade as the runes along the side glowed, telling me it was activated.

I ran over and joined in, kicking Valentine away from Jace as he was just about to stab him, Valentine charged at me as our blades crashed together, I didn't give up as I knocked the blade from his hands, giving Jace the time to run at Valentine.