CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE

Awake, Arise, it be Forever Fallen

~

3rd Person View

"Lindsey, do you know where Alec is?" Ariana asked the dark haired Shadowhunter, her arms crossed as Clary stood beside her, the both of them needing to find Alec to tell him some information.

"He should be in his office, I just saw him there." Lindsey answered "Is everything okay?" She asked, her eyes shining with worry.

"Yeah." Clary nodded "We just needed to update him on something. Thank you." Clary smiled thankfully. Ariana nodded her head shortly towards Lindsey before following after the redhead, almost jogging to catch up to her.

Ariana pushed open the door to Alec's office, her brown eyes widening as she spotted Sebastian sitting there, her heart speeding up as she felt the guilt of betraying her friends settled at the bottom of her stomach. "Sebastian." She breathed out "We were just looking for Alec."

"Yeah, as was I." Sebastian exclaimed, nodding his head gently. Clary's phone chimed as she pulled it out of her pocket "And now we've found him, urgent brief in the ops center. Perfect timing, huh?" Clary asked with a small chuckle.

"Yeah, yeah, perfect timing." Sebastian nodded while standing up, beginning to follow Clary out. "Hey, we'll catch up to you" Ariana piped up to Clary, watching as the redhead sent her a weird look but nodded her head and continued to walk away.

Ariana turned to face Sebastian, a nervous look was plastered onto his face. "I don't think I can do this anymore." She stated, the guilt was eating her alive, she hated lying to Jace, all because of her demon blood wanting to keep Jonathan safe. She hated that. Valentine was right when he said Blood Calls to Blood.

"Do what anymore?" He asked, his voice hardening as he watched Ariana walk towards the desk and moved to stand behind it, distancing herself away from him. "Move away from there!" He demanded, his eyes nervously glancing towards the desk, he didn't need her finding the boy, not now.

Ariana's eyes shined with confusion as she slowly lowered herself to the floor, her eyes widening "Max." She gasped out while She immediately felt somebody's presence behind her. Ariana went to turn around before she was pushed down onto the floor, Sebastian placing his hand around her throat.

Ariana quickly closed her eyes, she didn't want Isabelle to feel the pain she knew she was about to feel. She thought about a rune, a rune to cut her feelings away from her Parabati, she felt it burn away at her skin, making her hiss out slightly in pain. "Why!" she then wheezed out, her hands clawing viciously at his hand, trying to move him away from her. "How could you, he's only a child."

"He found out." Sebastian nearly yelled, his eyes turning black. Ariana's brown eyes widened, her breathing coming out in small gasps, dots invading her vision.