CHAPTER TEN

Iron Sisters

~

Jace and I stood side by side as we looked through the Gray Book, but there was no sign of the rune Clary
Used anywhere. "Yep, it's not in the Gray Book, clare-bear." I stated as Jace and I turned to look at Clary who was sitting next to Gilbert while she finished sketching the rune.

"Well, isn't that thing supposed to have every single rune?" Clary asked, looking away from her sketchbook to look at Jace and I.

"Some of them are removed." Jace replied "They're reserved for the most elite members of the Clave."

Clary stood up and handed her sketchbook to Gilbert who decided to look through it, didn't he know you shouldn't look through a girl's sketchbook? that's basically like a diary for us. "I'm not exactly elite, so why do I know it?"

I walked over to Gilbert and snatched the sketchbook away from him and placed it onto Clary's bed before giving him the 'I'm watching you' gesture, which he only responded by placing his hands up In surrender. Dickhead.

"Maybe you saw it somewhere and you don't remember." Gilbert suggested as he walked to stand behind Clary, Jace nodded in agreement while I walked to stand next to him again.

"No, it just, it appeared, like a vision." Clary replied as she turned away from us "Like someone or something was trying to send me a message." She walked over to her bed before suddenly stopping, is she Okay? "Maybe it's from our mom?" Clary suggested as she turned to face us again, looking at Jace.

"Clary, I know you miss her—" Jace started as he walked towards her.

"How else do you explain it?" Clary asked, looking up at her brother.

"I don't know." He sighed, Gilbert and I shared a look, maybe the redhead was just going crazy, that would explain a lot of things about her.

"You know, I'll just go and ask Izzy and Alec." Clary sassed as she turned and picked up the sketchbook "Maybe they'll know something." my eyes widened out of amusement as Jace reached forward and took the piece of paper Clary had ripped out with the rune on.

"Oh, this is getting good." I whispered while nudging Gilbert who chuckled and nudged me back, so I did the one thing I'm good at, I nudged him harder as he stumbled into Clary's dresser.

"What was that for?" Gilbert whined as he turned to face me, I smirked and flicked his forehead making him slap my hand away. "You're abusive, I'm not safe with you."

"Ay, I'm your best friend." I scolded him "it's my job to bully you."

"Is not." Gilbert crossed his arms, shaking his head.