CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE

Hail and Farewell

~

"Clary, don't." Isabelle sighed as the four of us walked quickly down the sidewalk, Jace was walking beside me while Clary and Isabelle walked ahead.

"No, I knew there was something off about Sebastian, or Jonathan." Clary rambled, her hands flinging around as she spoke. "I should have never second-guessed myself and Ari." She sighed as she turned her head to look at me "You should have told us when you found out."

I quickly looked away from her intense gaze, I had officially told them about my knowledge of knowing about Sebastian the day after I woke up. The whole Institute was mad at me, hell I was mad at myself for even trusting that guy, for even thinking I could help him.

Jace, after a few hours finally did forgive me, he knew how much I wanted to help Jonathan, he said I made a mistake, that I was manipulated by Jonathan. But I knew that wasn't the case, the demon within me was calling out to Jonathan's demon side, pleading for me to help him. But after everything with finding Max bleeding underneath the desk, trying to kill Sebastian but only getting myself hurt in the process.

I won't stop until he's dead, I'll kill him with my bare hands if I have too, no matter what my demon side says, or what's left of my demon side anyway.

Isabelle eventually did find out about the rune I place on myself, the one that made her not feel my pain, let's just say she didn't speak to me for a few hours after that. Of course I ran my blade over it and it eventually disappeared, But I'm not allowed to use that rune ever again according to Izzy. Not like I would.

"Ari?"

I quickly looked up, my brown eyes catching onto Jace's as he snapped his fingers in front of my face. "Yeah?" I questioned, my voice wavering slightly, sometimes I can get stuck in my own mind, and sometimes that isn't a good thing.

"Did you hear anything I just said?" He asked, his voice holding amusement while I slowly shook my head, making him sigh "I said, the only thing that matters now is taking Jonathan and Valentine out."

"I'm with you on that one." I muttered as we climbed the stairs to Jonathan or Sebastian's apartment, whoever he wants to be called. Isabelle kicked the door down while holding onto her weapon tightly.

Jace, Clary and I following behind her, our blades clutched tightly in our hands. I peered around the apartment, it hadn't changed from the last time I had seen it. Something in the corner of my eye caught my attention as I quickly turned to look at it. "Jonathan." I called out, my voice holding confidence as I stepped closer to him, watching as he stayed sitting in the chair, his back facing us, something wasn't right.