CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Love Is A Devil
I'be changed Roman Gilbert's face claim to the actor who plays Hiram Lodge on Riverdale, because he's more believable to be Ariana's father.

~

~

"How could you not tell me that?" Luke yelled as he stormed through the doors of the Jade Wolf. Jace, Clary and I followed after him, jogging to keep up.

"The Downworld would be in total chaos if they knew what the Sword could do." Clary responded calmly.

"There would be uprisings everywhere." Jace added while I nodded in agreement.

"So you're saving the Downworlders from themselves? We never asked." Luke yelled, I sighed and crossed my arms, all this yelling is giving me a fucking headache, bloody hell.

"We didn't know that Roman and Valentine could activate the Soul-Sword, until we realized he had an angel." I said, watching as papa-Luke stayed looking away from us. "Come on papa-Luke, Clary and I didn't want you to worry"

"Well, it's too late for that." Luke replied as he looked at us from over his shoulder.

"Look, you don't understand, all right—" Jace started before Luke cut him off. "No, I do understand, they have my sister." My eyes widened, Roman and Valentine have Cleophas. For fuck sake.

I shifted slightly as I remembered the vision the angel had showed the three of us, I just really hope I don't get nightmares from that shit. "What aren't you three telling me?" Luke suddenly said as my head snapped up to look at him while placing an emotionless look on my face. Poker face....bitch!

"The angel, he—he showed us something." Clary stated as I slowly let my poker face leave, so we were telling him....okay then.

"Just now, on the rooftop, he showed us a vision of a demon." Jace continued.

"A demon who could destroy the Soul-Sword." I added, hopefully he's not too shook.

"How do you know that's what he was telling you?" Luke asked, referring to the angel, Ah! I miss him, such a lovely fellow....who bloody screamed a lot.

"There's no other explanation." Clary answered, well there could be many explanations, but this one seems more plausible to go with. "When the demon touched the Sword, he and the sword both disintegrated."

"Luke, it was a demon I'd never seen before." Jace said as he walked closer to Luke.

"Then go find it." Luke remarked "I'll head out and see if those bastards left any clues for us to track him down."