CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX

Hail and Farewell

~

"Seriously, whats that little girls problem." I said as I crossed my arms harshly, my teeth abusing my bottom lip as I turned to face Isabelle. Her long brown hair fell over her shoulders in perfect waves while her brown eyes twinkled with amusement.

"We have to listen to her." She said, her mouth turning down into a small frown. Clary sighed from next to me "I need to speak with Luke." She stated, interrupting the previous conversation I was having. "Ari do you wanna come?"

I looked over to Izzy who smiled and nodded her head "Go, I need to speak with somebody else anyway." She said, her eyes gazing over towards Raphael as I received the hint and grabbed Clary's hand, pulling her out of the room.

"Luke wait!" Clary called out loudly as she pulled me past Alec and Jace, making me give them both a small wink before I looked towards Luke. "Why are you doing this?" Clary continued as she stared up at her father figure, her emotions holding curiosity as she dropped my hand and crossed her arms.

"Clary's right." I sighed softly "We all know that the Seelie-Bitch doesn't have your best interests at heart."

"To be honest, I don't think she has a heart." Luke replied back. I couldn't hold back the smirk that appeared onto my face, he was very good at comebacks. Maybe even better than me. "Look, I gotta think of my pack, her court can protect us from anything that Valentine and his son can throw at us." He looked away from us for a second "The Institute can't." He shook his head while looking back at Clary.

My lips turned into a frown as Luke pulled the both of us into a hug, his arms wrapping around his tightly as Clary and I both savoured the hug. He's always been like a father to me, and he always will be. "No matter what." Clary started to say as we both moved out of his embrace.

"Don't let any of those bastards leave the city." I finished her sentence off, giving him a small smile.

"Me and my wolves will die trying." Luke whispered softly.

"Please don't." Clary and I replied in union, our hands finding each other's as they intertwined for our own comfort. Luke turned away and started to walk before he suddenly stopped. "Ariana, promise me something?" He asked as he turned back around. "Don't get yourself killed for protecting others, I couldn't bare to lose one of my daughter figures."

My eyes watered as I ran towards him and wrapped my arms around his waist. "I can't promise you anything, Luke." I whispered "I'm a doppelgänger, it's what I was wired to do."

"Just try and keep yourself alive?" He asked as we both pulled away from each other, his hands holding my shoulders as he stared down at me.