CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

You Are Not Your Own

~

I gasped as someone slammed open the greenhouse stairwell door, my heart pounding in my chest as I sensed the guilt radiating from the raven haired boy who hesitantly smiled at me. I turned my gaze away from him, staring at the many butterflies that flew past me, almost glowing.

"Ariana." Alec muttered as I felt him sit down next to me on the Black spiral staircase. I sighed loudly as I sent the calming feeling over to him, immediately sensing him relax as he let out a soft sigh.

"What's your problem with Sebastian?" I asked, still not turning my gaze towards him. I wasn't mad with him, I was mad with myself, I blew up on him and I shouldn't have.

"Sebastian Verlac shows up out of the blue and saves you and Izzy?" He questioned as I felt him place his pointer finger under my chin and turn my head, making my brown eyes meet his.

"What are you trying to say?" I asked, reaching up to take his hand away from my chin and held it firmly in my own hand. Alec didn't say anything as he just sat there, Silent.

My eyes widened slightly as I felt jealousy and sadness radiating from him. "Oh Alec." I muttered, reaching out to embrace him into my arms, running my fingers through his soft black hair. "You did everything you could to help Izzy, but please don't hate Sebastian because he was able to help her."

"I know." Alec muttered into my neck, I frowned and pulled him closer to me, feeling the itching need to help him feel better. "Do you want me to do the whole mood control thing on you?" I asked.

"No." He shook his head as he pulled away from me, his hand interlocking with mine as he smiled "How's that whole thing going for you anyway?" He asked "Being able to control and feel people's emotions can't be all sunshine and Daisy's."

"Honestly." I chuckled "it's giving me a serious whiplash, I've never noticed how many emotions we really have until now."

"You'll learn to control it." He smiled, his brown eyes twinkling as he stood up. "Come on, let's walk and talk." I nodded and let him help me to stand as he took the lead on walking down the steps. I started after him but lost my balance as I fell forward, a small yelp leaving my throat.

Alec must have noticed as he quickly turned around and grabbed me by the waist, stopping me from falling further. "Are you okay?" He asked, the corner of his lips pulling up at the corners.

"You're holding in a laugh, aren't you?" I smirked as I pulled away from him and continued to walk past him down the steps and finally made it safely onto the floor. As on cue, he burst out laughing. I shook my head with a small smile as I began walking towards the elevator, a small limp being displayed as I think I twisted my ankle.