CHAPTER-TWENTY-THREE

You Are Not Your Own

~

My hands grasped onto the handle of the door, slowly turning it as I moved to walk inside of the Jade Wolf, my head was spinning once again with thoughts that lingered in my mind. After the talk with Rosa I decided to visit Luke, I just needed someone to speak with.

"Ariana?" I looked up to the voice, Simon waved as a wide grin appeared on his face, Isabelle was sat across from him, she slowly lifted her perfectly manicured hand up and waved slightly before she beckoned for me to join them. 

I timidly walked toward them, a smile blossoming onto my face as I stood by the table. "Hey guys." I greeted them, my voice held confidence once again while my signature smirk appeared on my face as I moved to sit next to my brother, leaning forward to kiss his cheek before moving away and resting my elbows onto the table, my head resting in my hands. "So, are you guys on a date?"

Isabelle coughed loudly as she nearly choked on her food, Simon laughed nervously, making me smirk, I knew they weren't on a date, but it was sure fun to tease them. "T-this isn't a date." Simon stammered as he played with the napkin in his hand.

"Darn." I laughed sarcastically "You two would make a cute couple."

"Okay, Ari, enough of the sarcasm." Izzy smiled as she took a sip of her water.

"What sarcasm?" I asked innocently while I hid my smirk behind a fake smile, Isabelle playfully rolled her eyes as amusement radiated from her, she was enjoying this as much as I was. Maybe she does feel something for my vampire brother. Maybe not.

"Anyway." Simon coughed nervously "How are things at the institute?" He asked, changing the subject as I gave him a fake glare, he ruined my fun, all of it, I tell you.

"Well." Izzy started as she covered her mouth as she chewed her food, quickly swallowing it before moving her hand away. "Everyone's trying to recover, Alec is paranoid about pretty  much everyone and, uh, well, Jace is..."

"He's spiralling." I continued on for her, starting at my reflection in the napkin container, smoothing down my hair with my free hand.

"About the Soul-Sword attack?" Simon asked, taking the container from me and placing it in the middle of the table as I let out a quiet sigh.

"That and to definitely top it off, finding out that he wasn't Valentine's son." I bit my bottom lip, fiddling with my hands as I stared at the people around me, analysing them, one by one. I felt someone nudge me as I looked over at Simon, he looked surprised. "Wait, that means Jace isn't Clary's brother." He stated.

My mouth fell open in a 'O' shape, I thought Clary told him, they are best friends, why didn't she tell him. "Simon, I thought Clary told you."

"Oh it's okay." Simon smiled thinly "But how do you feel, Clary did used to have feelings for him, what happens if old feelings creep back up?"