CHAPTER SEVEN

Dusk and Shadows

~

Clary sat next to Gilbert, her hand holding his as Simon spoke a prayer in Hebrew, I watched as Clary's eyes held a sadness deep within them, but she was trying so hard to keep her emotions at bay. "Amen." Simon finished as he looked up at the three of us.

I gave him a small smile as I noticed his gaze switch down at Clary and Gilbert's intertwined hands while a small frown appeared on his face before looking at Clary, watching as she was lost in her own world.

"I don't know what to say." Clary muttered, her voice sounding weak as she sniffed quietly.

"My Hebrews that bad?" Simon asked with a small chuckle, his eyes locking onto hers. Only to see that she wasn't in the mood for jokes.

"I just wish I could get ahold of Luke." Clary told us, her gaze shifting over to me as I nodded my head "Whenever he goes out of town, he always tells me. I'm worried."

"Clare-bear, your mom meant everything to him." I reminded her "Maybe he just needs time."

"Ari's right, Clare, maybe he just needs time to process everything." Gilbert said, using his nickname he always called her by, I smiled as he placed his other hand over their already intertwined one.

"When simon died, I was wrecked." Clary looked up at Gilbert before looking at Simon "Devastated."

"You were?" Simon frowned.

"Of course." Clary nodded her head "Simon, I-I couldn't think of life without you." She smiled as she reached over to hold his hand with her free one "But I got you back."

I smiled as Simon held his other hand out for me as I placed my hand in his "And I'm actually happy Clary went against my wishes and got you back, I couldn't imagine my life without my brother."

"So you admit that my choices can be good?" Clary chuckled, Gilbert snorted making me laugh as I nodded gently, smiling at the redhead "I will admit, sometimes your plans can work out."

Clary smiled before she suddenly frowned and looked at Simon "You were dead." Yeah no shit, Clary, we were just talking about that "But then you came back."

"What are you suggesting?" Gilbert asked, looking at Clary.

"What If we could get my mom back?" Clary responded with a pleading face.

"Clary, no." Gilbert shook his head before Clary placed her hand up to silence him.

"Okay, But in this insane world we all suddenly live in, things that I never thought could happen do happen, so maybe there is a way." Clary ranted as she looked at all of us. "Maybe...maybe we can get her back."

"Clary." I shook my head "I know how much you loved her, but maybe the best thing would be to leave this behind, you have to accept that she's gone."