CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN

Beside Still Water—Finale part 1

~

3rd person view

Ariana, Jace and Clary walked into the Ops Center where Alec was messing with the 3D model of Brooklyn, looking for any signs of Valentine. Ariana's amber eyes gazed over to her parabatai, watching as she looked around worried. "Anything new?" Clary asked as she looked over to Alec. "Jace and I tried tracking him, like he did with Ariana to find Jonathan." Clary started to explain as she leaned against the table. "But for some reason, it didn't work."

"Magnus' wards are up." Jace informed them  "Valentine must still be in the city."

"Thank the Angel for Magnus and the Warlocks." Isabelle sighed in relief, Alec looked down at his sister "Well they didn't raise the wards for us." He stated, Izzy looked away from her brother as she looked out towards the others "Teams are out doing block-by-block sweeps throughout the city. we'll find him."

Isabelle walked around the monitor to stand next to Ariana, the both of them staring at the monitor as Alec closed it, making it go back back to 2D. "So, how does it finally feel to be free?" Alec muttered as he turned his attention onto the brunette, her amber eyes gazed up towards him, a small smile appearing onto her lips.

"I-I feel." Ariana started, her voice coming out smooth, almost velvet like "for the first time since found out about the shadow world, I finally feel somewhat...normal." She smiled, almost dazzling him as he stared at her, his lips pulling up at the corners.

"My Parabatai feels happy." Isabelle added, her hand moving up to press against Ariana's arm "I feel it, she feels complete." Ariana nodded her head at Isabelle's statement while her eyes peered around the room, stopping as she spotted Gilbert and Clary speaking to each other, her hand resting against his.

Red lights started to flash as the Institutes alarm blared. "Okay, I didn't do it." Ariana exclaimed. "I swear."

"Aerial Sensors" Alec explained as he walked towards one of the aerial monitors. The others following him close behind.

"Is it Valentine?" Clary asked as she stopped besides Ariana, her eyes glancing up at the monitor.

Isabelle looked at the blinking dot that moved across the city map "No. could be some kind of Wraith demon."

"Shit, is that bad?" Ariana asked as everyone began to move out, her eyes still glancing at the red dot before Isabelle walked back over pulled her out of the Ops Center.
.
.
.
After everyone had armed up and grabbed their weapons of choice, the group ran through the streets of the city. They stopped when they reached the place where the sensor indicated the demon would be. "Where is it?" Jace asked, his eyes gazing around, trying to find the demon.