CHAPTER SIX

Day of Wrath

~

Being in here was torture, especially when they take you to another cell, away from Jace, telling me it's especially made for me, so my demon side can't come out. And some other bullshit I didn't listen too, but I wish I did.

The screams of the other prisoners were haunting, I could almost hear them in my dreams or should I say nightmares. I have no idea what they're doing with Jace, but with me, they're experimenting, seeing what use I can be to them before I rot away in this dark, damp and dangerous cell.

I heard footsteps emerged from the darkness, my anxiety rising as I scooted back towards the wall, hiding in the shadows. They couldn't be back so soon, they already left after their little experimental time on me.

"Ariana?" A familiar voice called out, my breathing quickened as I saw her blazing red hair come into view, her fingers wrapping around the bars of the cell, her eyes searching for me as the Silent Brother, Jeremiah, stood behind her. "Are you sure she's in here?" Clary asked as she turned her head to look at him.

"Yes." He replied back, his voice echoing throughout the cell, I bit my lip and slowly raised myself to stand. "She's hiding."

"Why?" Clary questioned, still searching for me, worry glistening in her eyes as she touched the bar with her finger. "And why are these bars a light gray metal, Unlike the others?"

"I can't tell you why Clary Fairchild." Jeremiah responded "And this cell was specifically made for Remi Gilbert."

I slowly stepped out of the shadows, watching as Clary's eyes widened at the sight of me. I probably looked like a mess, cuts all over my arms from where I fought against the restraints they used on me, so I couldn't escape when they well....you know.

Cuts also littered my face, from where they would slap me if I didn't do as they said, sometimes they even did it for fun. Like I said, this place was torture, my own personal hell. "What happened?" Clary asked, pulling herself closer to the bars, trying to take a better look at me.

"Nothing for you to worry about." I croaked out weakly, moving closer to her while giving her a weak smirk. Only a few minutes ago, some people came in here and took me out to try and see how much pain I could go through with my demon side helping me.

I made it through ten pain runes that are horrible and very painful before giving up and begging for them to kill me and to end it all. They of course just laughed and threw me back into this cell.

"Are they hurting you?" She whispered, reaching her hand out for me to take, I hesitantly reached out and took it, holding it gently.