Chapter 1 ~ Once in a Lifetime

Author's Note
Hello everyone! First off I wanna thank you for opening up this fanfic in the first place, that is a miracle on its own. I really have a great story in mind and I hope I am able to have my viewers (if there is any) think it's a great story as well. I used to write fanfics about a year or two back but stopped because I didn't believe my writing was any good... BUT i deleted all of my old works and am starting fresh, I'm ready to try again!
Also my vision of Hana Mei looks like this picture above. Just with a scar over her right eyebrow where the red is.

Disclaimer- I do not own any characters belonging to Boku No Hero Academia. However I do own my oc Hana Mei

So without further ado... ENJOY!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mei's POV
"Hey Mum! I'm gonna head out to the store now! I'll be back in a few" I yelled to my mother as I began turning the door knob. "Alright hun, be safe!"
As I opened the door I was hit by a cool blast of wind. It was about mid October and leaves had begun to fall off the trees creating a beautiful shower of colours, red, orange and yellow. I took in a deep breath and smelt the air. It had a crisp and earthy kinda smell to it, it made me feel warm and happy inside.
As I was about to step outside I felt a pair of small hands grasp onto me and lightly tugged on my jacket. I turned and looked down to see my little sister, Yui, looking up at me with her bright blue eyes. "I wanna come to Oneesan! I wanna be a big girl and get the gocies too!" She said as she tugged on my jacket some more. I chuckled at her inability to say her "r's" and went down onto one knee. "Well you know what I think would make you an even bigger girl than coming to the store?" She looked at my with her head tilted slightly to the left and her lips pursed. I patted her head lightly and smiled. "If you stayed with mommy and took care of her you'd certainly be a big girl, in both mine and mommy's eyes". She squealed, smiled and threw her fist of in the air confidently. "Oh yes! I'll take super good care of mommy!" I have her a toothy grin and stood up. "Good. I'll be back before you know it" and with that I walked out and shut the door behind me. As I looked through the window I saw both Yui and my mother wave goodbye to me, which I gladly returned.

Town is about a 15 minute walk. Personally I don't mind, I enjoy getting out of my house and visiting the shops around town. I loved the feeling of the cool breeze blowing through my long brown hair. I loved the fall, it's always been my favourite time of year. The many different smells and colours have always brought out the happiness in me. I didn't have a good early childhood. If I had to describe it in one word it would be Takashi.

Takashi is my biological father, but I never thought of him as that. He was the complete opposite of a father. My mother says he had always been hot headed but took things to a whole other level once I was around 4 years old. When I learned to talk back. He constantly abused both me and my mother, verbally and physically. We never did anything to try and stop him because of his intimidating quirk, which I inherited along with my mothers quirk as well, I'm a hybrid. My quirk is quite powerful and I could easily defend myself against him now, but my quirk didn't come to me until I was about 8 years old and even then I did know how to use it.

My mother's quirk is called Thief, don't let the name make you think poorly of her. She never lived up to that quirks name, the quirk is named that because she has the ability to quicken her speed from 10-50x more than the average humans speed. Also her stealth level is largely increased, making it an easy job for her to sneak around people or pickpocket and her acrobatics are truly exceptional. But she never used her quirk for anything villainous, my mother has always been an honest, kind-hearted woman.
Takashi's quirk is called Inner Energy, he has the ability to manifest the energy that runs through a humans body into pure physical power and release it through any part of his body, this makes his punches, kicks, headbutts, any physical assault a human can do, 10x more powerful than the average person.
Although he abused us, he rarely used his quirk against us. Only once did he use it on me, that was because I had used my quirk on him trying to save my mother from a harsh beating, which only made my beating a lot worse. My mother tried to stop him but was knocked unconscious.