5

"Hey, are you okay? I heard about Gray's outburst, someone said you looked like you were about to cry..." Ethan told me, sitting opposite me on my lunch table. Since I had come to this school, Ethan had made a habit of sitting with me at lunch, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't grateful. I could only imagine how lonely lunch would be by sitting yourself.
I sighed, resting my chin on my hand and looking at him.
"I did not almost cry... All that happened was he got mad at me because I said his views were wrong." I defended as Ethan nodded in understanding.
"Ah, I see, I know why he acted out then but it's not my place to tell you. You'll have to try and get that information from him."
I shrugged, it was a fair point.

"So, how about a party this Saturday? Cameron's holding one, and I know you've met him and accused him of being Tweedledum, but he said that you can come and he throws a sick party." Ethan smiled, looking at me hopefully.
"Fine, but you're my designated driver and I want you to make sure Grayson stays away from me, I don't want to be making any stupid bets that I wouldn't make when sober." I told him as he smiled in triumph.
"That's fine, Gray and I don't drink anyway."
I raised my eyebrows at him due to the comment but didn't comment on it, if he'd wanted to expand then he would've.

"So do you think you'll beat Gray later?" Ethan asked, looking at me as I poked my pasta around the plate with my fork.
"I don't know, I mean I did win the first time but he is team captain so he's obviously good but he might not even show up anyway if he's still mad at me." I shrug as Ethan laughed at me.
"Trust me, he'll be there, and he'll be determined to win, he'll stop at nothing to win. You really hit a soft spot earlier.
"Wow thanks for that Ethan, you give such a great pep talk!" I exclaimed sarcastically while rolling my eyes.
"Only laying down the truth!" He shrugged with a smile.
Well don't.

"Why do you sit with me? I mean I don't mind but why?" I asked suddenly, watching as he became surprised from my outburst.
"Well you just seemed interesting on your first day and I mean, I've always been able to chill with Grayson but his friends aren't my friends and I just wanted a real friend and I thought I could hopefully find it in you." He smiled.
I bit my lip trying to conceal my smile. No one had ever admitted that they'd chosen me to be their friend before and it was actually better to hear than I thought.
"Okay... Maybe we can be friends." I smiled, shrugging.

~~~

Sighing in relief as I heard the bell, I shot out of my seat and ran to the changing rooms to get ready for practise. If I heard about x and y one more time then I would definitely hit breaking point. Maths was pointless and definitely not going to help me later in life.

Ethan's words had been playing in my mind, "he'll stop at nothing to win." If he was going to play dirty then I was too. Instead of my usual t-shirt and gym leggings, I changed into a sports bra and booty shorts. Grayson may not like me but I knew how to show off my body enough to distract a guy, this outfit worked every time at the gym.

After lacing up my sneakers, I jogged onto the field and immediately snatched the attention of every guy there, including Grayson. His eyes immediately looked me up and down and a flicker of approval became present before it quickly disappeared and he put on a bored expression. It would've fooled me if he wasn't still staring at my chest.

I smirked, perfect.

"Right losers, lets beat Grayson's ass!" I cheered, grabbing Cameron's arm as I strutted to the front of them. I chose Cameron as the first person for my team as I knew that Grayson would otherwise, meaning that he was a strong player, I also knew he was due to the first time I played when he was on my team.

Grayson glared at me once he realised I had taken his first choice but quickly composed himself and chose another strong player who may prove competition. I scanned the group before picking another player and by the subtle wince I caught from Grayson, I knew that he was a also a good player.

Once all the teams were chosen, we got in position, Grayson and I being head-to-head.
"Don't worry babe, I won't tackle you too hard, don't want you hurting that pretty little ass of yours." He winked, glancing at my butt before looking up at me again.
I rolled my eyes, "Don't worry Gray, it'll be your ass on the floor, I've won once and I'll win again." I smirked, snatching the ball and running with it. I could hear Grayson hot on my heels but listening to encouragement from my team, I knew he was too far behind to stop me from making the touchdown.

When I was around 4 meters from the line, I dived forwards, my arms outstretched and the ball hit the line just as Grayson fell on top of me.
I turned around, our faces so close that our lips brushed.
"I wasn't ready..." He mumbled, glancing down at my lips as he spoke.
"A football player should always be ready..." I shrugged, gently pushing him up and off of me a sat up.

My team came around, cheering as I laughed at them, yet I was slightly distracted, thoughts of Grayson kissing me clouding my thoughts. Who could blame me? We were so close to kissing and who knows what would have happened if everyone else hadn't have been there..?

—-—
End of chapter!
Ooo is Roz catching feelings?
Who do you think will win the football competition?
Please vote and comment!
🌻