11

Feeling sorry for myself wasn't as fun as I thought it'd be. I'd delved my way through 2 tubs of ice cream and watched all 3 high school musical films yet I still found myself bored senseless and wanting to call Ethan, why did both of these boys have such an effect on me?

I was also slightly tempted to call Grayson over but Ethan's words about the blonde quickly rang loud again and I decided against it. I wanted something real, not just physical.

My phone did have 3 missed calls from Ethan but I had declined every one of them, deciding that I'd only answer on the 10th call but they stopped after the 3rd. Clearly I'm not worth the time and effort.

As the rolling credits for the last film displayed, my phone once again rang and the name Ethan flashed on my screen. Forgetting of the promise to myself, I accepted the call, pressing the phone to my ear.

"Took your time." I stated coldly, wincing at my own tone of voice. Maybe that was a little harsh.
"Well sorry for thinking that you won't answer again. I kinda got that impression." He shot back as I shrugged, fair point.

"What do you want anyway?" I asked, biting my lip, hoping that he'd apologise so we could go out and have some fun.
"Look, I'm sorry for what I said. I just don't want you to get hurt and quite frankly, I'm jealous." My heart hammered at his words but I said nothing, allowing him to continue.
"If you get a boyfriend then you'll be spending less time with me and I don't want to lose my best friend." He explained as I quietly sighed in relief. Thank goodness, that could've got awkward.

"Well, I mean, I suppose I can forgive you..." I teased, picturing his smile at my words.
"Only because I want to learn how to skateboard and you haven't taught me yet." I added as he chuckled down the phone.
"Yeah of course, that's definitely the reason why you forgive me." Ethan laughed as I smiled.
"I'll be there in 5."

I quickly leapt up, I was currently in sweatpants and a tank top and although I was only going out with Ethan, I wanted to put some effort into my appearance. Quickly pulling on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. I tied my hair up and ran outside where Ethan was already waiting in the car.

"Hey bitch." I greeted as he rolled his eyes playfully.
"Hi hoe."
I smiled at the normality of it all, nothing had changed or got awkward, it was as though nothing had happened and I preferred it that way.

"There's two boards in the back. A pink and a blue one." He informed, motioning in the back seats where two penny boards were laid.
"I call the blue one!" I smirked as Ethan turned to me, trying to pout but not successfully managing to conceal the small smile tugging his lips.

"Seriously?!" He questioned, as I shrugged.
"Sorry to damage your masculinity." I apologised with mock sincerity, making him roll his eyes again.

The drive to the park was short and as soon as we arrived, I leapt out and grabbed the blue board, carrying it to the ramps, not quite confident enough to ride yet. Ethan however, was great at it and caught up with me in seconds.

"Right, the first step is to actually step on the skateboard Roz." He smirked, holding my hands as I cautiously stepped on the skateboard, tightening my hold as I found my balance.
"Good. Now, put your weaker foot on the floor and push off from it, quickly putting it back on the board to maintain your balance."

Biting my lip in concentration, I placed my left foot on the floor and pushed off extremely hard, making it impossible for me to regain balance and therefore I fell onto the floor, most likely bruising my back due to the heavy impact.

Ethan stifled a laugh as he sauntered over, extending his hand to help me up.
"Good job." He winked as I shot daggers at him, not appreciating his sarcastic comments.
We didn't say anything then, instead, I watched Ethan's eyes trail down to my neck, wincing as he took in each and every mark that his twin brother left. Honestly though, Ethan had nothing to worry about, they didn't hurt.

"Right, let's try again." He suggested, tearing his eyes away, forcing a smile. I nodded in agreement, happy to direct the attention away from me and my neck.

I tried again, this time, I managed to stay on the board for around 5 seconds and when I fell, I managed to maintain my position on my feet.

"Better!" He grinned, lifting me up and spinning me as Grayson came over, not looking too happy with what he was seeing.
"I've seen a lot better." He snapped, grabbing his own board and making his way to the top of the ramp. What was his deal.

With a final glance at me, he pushed off and began to skate, flipping in the air and doing precise jumps that made my mouth hang open. Of course he was good at this.

I rolled my eyes, quickly tearing my eyes away from him and looking back at Ethan.
"I want you to teach me how to be better than him." I said, as he raised his eyebrows.
"Roz... he's been practising his skating for years. It's not just going to happen overnight." He told me as I raised my eyebrows.
"I'm not an idiot Ethan but I'm gonna make it happen. I'll be better than Grayson by time the sun comes up tomorrow."

"Roz, that's impossible! How do you expect to the learn the tricks by yourself?" He questioned as I smiled at him sweetly.
"Well I won't be alone."
"Count me out." He said quickly, sighing at my persistence.
"Fine, I'll stay here by myself, but if something happens to me then it'll all be on you." I drew out, smirking when I saw him snap.
"Fine."

—-—
End of chapter!
Do you think Roz will beat Grayson at a skating contest or do you think she's being overdramatic with her goals?
Please vote and comment if you enjoyed!
💛