Chapter 19: Back to school

School began again. I was nervous. Did I still like James? Did I want Raj? Prem? 

These people were confusing the hell out of me. I felt guilty. James had only ever been nice to me. Why couldn't I just decided who I liked? But there was more still to come.

My first day back was normal. I talked to Shane more that day than I did to James. Shane told me all about his vacation and how he had hated Florida. We ended up talking about parties because my cousin had just had her bridal shower.

"Yea it was yesterday."

"Damn I love parties."

"It was cute. My cousin and her fiancee were adorable. Kinda reminded me of..." I was about to say Prem! Oh god.

"Reminded you of?"

"nothing Shane."

"Mhmm sure."

"Do your work."

Eli called Shane before he could reply. Thank God! I knew Shane would try and find out who I was talking about. If he found out I was unsure about the person I liked he might tell his whole friend group how I'm a hoe. After what Prem had told me about sophomore groups I was so confused. 

I told Vanessa and Sarah about the situation...in less words. Prem and I were friends and my old feelings had resurfaced. James and I seemed to be drifting apart. 

But at the end of the day in global James and I talked a bit. My heart jumped. I did like him. Its just that we didn't spend enough time together so it was difficult for me to be sure all the time. He made me smile and I knew that at least until he left I would like him.