Chapter 24: A Developing Relationship

The next day, I texted James that he had to ask me the question I person. And he did. In front of all of our friends who ended up pressuring him into asking me. It wasn't special. I told him afterwards how I had wanted him to ask in private. And he said he'd do it the next day. I was so surprised I went along with it.

But as time approached, I became scared. I'd never had a real boyfriend. And I really liked James. I didn't want to screw this up. So I told him he didn't have to do it in private if he didn't want to. But he and his cute self had to say he wanted to do it. 

We went off on our own. He asked me and I said yes. I had been so afraid that it would have been awkward but it wasn't. We talked and walked and went through each other's phones. It felt great. Before it was kind of weird talking about all the flirting we would do in text. But now, it felt real. He was my first real boyfriend. I still couldn't wrap my head around it. He was mine, all mine. 

I glanced at him, as I followed him to where Sarah was sitting waiting for us. I told him, "Remember I'm following you. I literally have no idea where I'm going."

"I gotchu."

We sat down with Sarah, and she said, "I have to third wheel now."

"Sarahhh, we still love you."

James smirked and said, "Yea and you still have Max."

Max was this guy she had a fight with. The two had such amazing chemistry that they ended up making up. But according to them, they were only friends.

I looked at James with this look. We could share looks like we were a duo. Like we were a couple. Oh god, I sound like a fucking love sick puppy. No, I was a strong ass girl. After all, I initiated everything when it came to ur relationship. But now, since we had become official, he was the one confessing everything. If James wasn't leaving, I would probably have dated him until graduation. 

He was so nice, and caring and kind. How on Earth was I so lucky to have a guy like that date me, an ugly, bossy girl? 

Even if we could hardly date because of our parents, we still had a month. (No this isn't a Romeo Juliet story.)

Even if I felt guilty, because my religion taught me against dating. 

Even if I had to lie to my parents every time I looked them in the eye

I liked James. I liked him so much, too much. 

He was mine, all mine. And now I could say that to any girl who dared look at him.

I spent enough time persuading him to tell me his feelings. No one was taking me from him. And apparently, even the universe was helping us. The multicultural feast was coming up. Which meant two hours with James. And then a trip to the museum (if my parents would let me go). We  had just been given so many opportunities. 

Ok I know this is going to sound (cheesy as fuck) but I have to.

"Sometimes when you want something so badly, even the universe conspires to get it to you."

If anyone can figure out where that is from, you are my hero. One hint, English is not the original language.