chapter three ♡

"he shot her" i whispered to myself mostly

he closed his eyes as he heard the words.

he then pulled me into another hug, this one to comfort me and let me know that he was here and he wasn't going to be leaving.

i held onto him for my life.

i pulled away.

"i'm not the same lillian rose jacobs you met when you were thirteen and i'm not the same happy girl as i was eleven months ago. but i am still me, but i understand if you don't want to see me anymore" i said.

he looked at me like i was crazy.

"you are still the same perfect girl who i call my bestfriend and nothing will change that" he said making me smile lightly.

it's been three weeks since jack came home and i'm slowly coming back to my old self.

i've changed so much because of my moms death but jack is bringing me back.

i think my dad is happier too.

he's not so worried about me anymore.

"this ones nice" jack said showing me another house.

he wanted us to buy a house together and live there.

we always told each other we would move in together someday.

and we also made a stupid bet that he probably forgot about, but when we were freshman. so about fifteen years old.

we told each other that by the time we were twenty three if we were still single that we would have to marry each other.

i'm twenty two and he is too.

he looked at me as i was deep in thought.

"you remember when we made that stupid bet?" i asked him.

"the one about us getting married when we're twenty three" he smiled at the memory.

"we're-" he cut me off.

"going to do it, we still have a year." he said with a smile.

"do you like the house though?" he asked me.

"it's nice, i guess. i don't know" i said looking over it again.

"what abo- oh never mind" he said which made me curious.

i looked over and a beautiful house popped up with a big pop up picture of my mom.

she was one of those house seller people that work in offices and fill out paperwork and stuff.

"she showed me that house" i said remembering when she told me how pretty it was and indeed it was.

she told me about how she snuck in a few times and just hung out there.