chapter twenty seven ♡

lily ♡

it's been two weeks since i broke up with jack, since i left him, since i've been happy again, since i've been staying with sammy and my dad occasionally.

sammys okay with it though. he likes having company in his small apartment.

i woke up to the bright sun as i had been the passed two weeks.

i sat up, feeling my face dry, from all the tears i'd been crying last night like every other night.

zoey was gone.

sammy and nate are leaving in a few days.

then jack and jack in another two weeks.

he keeps calling and i keep ignoring because i know that it will make this whole getting over him process harder and i can't give in.

because when he leaves on the twenty fifth of may in two weeks, it will make everything harder. (i changed it)

i'm in love with him, yes, i love him, yes but he's leaving for two years and i can't wait around for him, i'll always love him but i just can't.

i need to get over him. it's better now to do it.

"hungry?" sammy poked his head through the door.

"no thanks, i'm going somewhere" i said.

he sighed, "not again, lily" he said.

yes again.

i ignored his words and walked into the bathroom to change my clothes.

i looked at myself in the mirror, staring at myself.

this is why you don't fall in love with your bestfriend. this is why. she warned you lillian.

she warned me, kaitlyn warned me.

right before she died in my arms, she warned me.

but i didn't listen to her, i should've listened to her.

"i should've listened kaitlyn." i mumbled to myself and put my hair up and changed into some better clothes to go out in.

not even bothering with my makeup.

i walked out and saw that they were all here, not just sammy.

it was both jacks, and nate also here and derek too. nate's bestfriend. i don't talk to him much.

"hey lily rose" derek said, he always called me that.

i met eyes with jack.

"lily" sammy said coming over.

"please don't go again. just stay, this isn't going to help you, and you know it" he whispered.

"i should've listened to kaitlyn" i said loud enough for the whole room to hear.

they all knew who she was.

"li-" i cut him off.

"i'll be back tonight, but i'm leaving" i said softly and walked out the door.

i wasn't hurt by jack, i was hurt because he's leaving, i'm not mad but i don't want to see him because i don't want to fall in love, i want to fall out love.

i drove myself to a bar. yes, i like drinking my problems away. i believe it helps.

i sat at the front and asked for a drink, to which i got two minutes later.

i started drinking it, "funny finding you here" a familiar voice said.

i turned and saw none other than jacob pea.

i didn't say anything, just gave him a small smile without any teeth.

he frowned. "what brings you here?" he asked me.

"just trying to fall out of love" i said.

"i've heard about you and jack and about the tour. how long is he leaving for?"

"two years. i broke up with him"

"i'm sorry" he mumbled.

"i had to, i mean, i can't wait around for two years." i said.

"i know, but you must be sad because he's leaving and that you had to break up with him, so i'm gonna help you out, lily" he said looking at me.

i looked away for a split second.

he took my drink from in front of me.

"this isn't going to help, you need to talk to him before he leaves because if you don't, you'll regret it, he may be leaving but he hasn't left yet" he said.

i know he's right, i just, i don't know how to talk to him now, i mean i'm like so sure he hates me by this point.

i would.