chapter thirty five ♡

lily ♡

i woke up to the sound of my phone ringing, i was on top of sammy as his arms were around my waist, i didn't want to wake him so i tried my best to grab my phone from the other side of him.

i grabbed it, i didn't even look at who called, i just answered.

"hello?" i said as low as possible.

"why are you whispering?" it was jack.

i immediately regret answering my phone.

"i have to go" i said.

"no, wait lily, don't hang up, not yet please" he begged.

"what is it?" i asked.

"i just miss you and i needed to hear your voice" he said on the other end.

"whatever jack" i mumbled not even meaning for it to come out like that, but i'm finding this whole conversation really funny because just yesterday he posted a picture of himself kissing madison, after he just left not even a month ago claiming he was in love with me.

"ar- never mind" he said.

"goodbye" i said and hung up the phone.

i threw it back down on the couch and laid my head back on sammys chest heating his heart beat.

it was a nice sound, i liked it. i laid here until he started to wake up.

"well morning" he said in a groggy voice since he just woke up.

i lifted my head, he released his arms from around me, i moved and sat next to him but still leaned myself on him.

"you look so exhausted, lily" he whispered.

"i don't get much sleep ever" i mumbled closing my eyes but not allowing myself to fall asleep.

we were up until three and it's eight, i haven't slept much in the past month either.

"you should sleep" he said, his eyes landing on me.

"i'm fine" i said.

"you're not fine" he said knowing me better.

"i can't" i said.

"and why's that?"

"because every since everyone left, i have these nightmares and i-i'm too scared to fall asleep and hear you scream because someone's about to stab you with a knife" i said shivering at the scary thought.

"i'm right here, lily and i'm not going to let that happen, just sleep. i'm not dying, i promise i'm right here" he said.

"okayyy" i dragged out and stayed in my position but closed my eyes hoping to fall into a deep sleep.

i woke up a few hours later without any nightmares, i didn't have the nightmares when sammy was with me, i'm glad but he's leaving tomorrow so they'll come back.

i woke up alone. but then sammy walked back in and saw i was awake.

"look what i made" he said showing me the computer where he was editing our youtube video from last night it looked like.