chapter eighteen ♡

lillian ♡

lillian ♡

"so, do you have it down? you and jack will walk out, dillon will be with taylor, and everyone else has it?" laura asked.

we were at her rehearsal wedding.

"yes, laura. we've got it, stop worrying" i assured her.

she took a deep breath. "yes, yes of course. i know" she said and held out a smile on her face.

been here for eight hours practicing for her wedding, she wants everything perfect and she's so stressed out.

she needs a break, the wedding is in a few days meaning i'm seeing dillon again.

but i feel like i'm betraying him because i have these secret feelings for jack.

like one minute i'll be like, oh i don't have those feelings anymore and the next he's looking at me from across the room as he's smiling at his friends and i'm brought back to those feelings.

and how adorable his smile is and how he makes me smile.

"lily?" someone snapped me out my thoughts.

it was sammy.

"oh" i mumbled turning to him.

i was staring at jack again and he stopped me.

thank god, he did.

"i feel like a terrible person" i said looking at him.

"you're not." he assured me.

"how can i be with dillon but feel like i'm falling for another guy, that's wrong" i said.

"but what if the other guy was falling for you too, the one you think you're falling for?" he asked.

uh

"he doesn't so i don't think about that. but if it were to happen, i don't even know what i'd do" i shrugged.

"you never know" he spoke up.

"do you know something, samuel?" i asked raising my eyebrows as we walked out the church together.

"i know nothing" he stated.

he did but i wasn't gonna push him.

it might be a secret

we walked down the street where there was a lake and we sat there.

"what if jack were to just tell you that, he had feelings for you?" sammy asked.

"id freak out because i'd be happy obviously but i wouldn't show that, because i'd also be confused because i'm with dillon" i said.

"do you love dillon?" he asked.

no.

"i don't know honestly. i don't know if i could." i sighed.

my phone buzzed from my thigh where it was sitting at.

i picked it up.

jack: taco bell tonight? 9?
lily: won't miss it for the world!

i turned my phone back up.

"i've gotta taco date with my bestfriend" i said.

"that will be fun" he smirked.

"oh stop it" i said.

"what are you doing until then?" he asked.

"nothing" i shrugged.

"come with me to the studio" he urged.

"okay, when?"

"now?" he suggested.

"sounds good to me" i said and we got up and walked to his car, i got inside as did he and he drove us to the studio which wasn't even that far a distance away.

we got there in like six minutes.

once we got there, we walked inside, i sat on the little couch they had there and he said hey and all to his manager and producer people thing.

i grabbed a water from the mini fridge, i've been here multiple times so i knew the deal.

sammy went into the booth and he started recording his new song.

i was observing it, it was well put together.

i sat back and listened to every detail and every single lyric of the song.

some deep stuff right there.

i got a text message half way through his session.

i checked my phone to see who it was from.

dillon.

dillon: hey, what're you up to?
lillian: at the studio w sammy, wbu?
dillon: just finishing some things. miss you
lillian: you will see me in a few days for the wedding.
dillon: that's too long
lillian: mhm, gotta go okay? call me later.
dillon: will do beautiful

i smiled and turned my phone off.

after his session was over, he grabbed a water and grabbed me pulling me outside.

"okay, i want to tell you something so bad but you can't say like anything, like to anyone at all. you have to swear on your life lily" he said.

he was super happy and really wanted to tell me.

"i swear on my life." i smiled lightly at his happiness.