chapter thirty one ♡

lily ♡

today was the day, the very day that jack was leaving, for two years.

i've been dreading this day for a month since i found out he was leaving and now it's time.

so, i didn't wake up with a smile on my face, how could i be smiling when he was leaving for two years.

we were breaking up, technically we already went through that part but it doesn't feel like that.

he's leaving at twelve, it's eight.

i only have four hours with him.

i walked downstairs where he was standing with his hands leaned against the kitchen counter and his gaze was at the floor like he was deep in thought.

about what though?

i walked closer to him. "what are you thinking about?" i said in a soft tone.

a small smile forming on his face as he turned to me.

he grabbed me and placed a soft kiss on my lips.

i smiled into the kiss, i just love him.

he pulled away.

"it's always you" he said.

he grabbed my hand. "i have four hours with you and i'm not wasting them" he said.

i smiled again.

"come on" he said and lead me outside. i was only wearing a plain white shirt and some nike shorts.

we walked down the street.

"i need to change though" i commented.

"you're fine, lily. you look beautiful" he said reassuringly making me smile more.

we reached the "ground" house and we just went and sat in there.

"i'm about to leave for two years, lily and i just really need you to know how much i love you, because i do, i love you so much" he smiled.

why is he saying all this? i mean of course i feel the same and it's making butterflies erupt but there's something else.

i know what it is.

"jack" i said softly, taking my hands out his because i knew what his next words were.

"i can't be with another girl" he whispered.

"and i can't wait around for you" i said.

"we love each other" he said.

"it's two years, jack. i can't do it" i said.

he sighed. "just don't forget me" he said and kissed me.

"i won't" i whispered back between kissing him.

he smiled.

he looked at me and his eyes lit up with happiness and then he had another look, i couldn't quite read this one.

"oh my god." he said.