chapter forty seven ♡

lillian ♡

i stayed with zoey at my moms grave for hours until we left.

i wasn't in my normal happy mood for the rest of the day still.

zoey came over and stayed with me all day, i knew jack wanted to be there for me today and i appreciated that and i just wanted him to know i'm okay.

zoeys grandma had passed away from another stroke last week, she was sad about it to, so that caused her parents to move back here to nebraska. so she's been coming back to see them.

and she's staying there while she's here. she actually was like a model and stuff now, she got the offer because she's dating nate and all but she's great at it.

she has a shoot tomorrow though, so she has to fly back soon.

i told zoey she could go home around ten. she argued for a few minutes but finally just left.

so again, it was just me sitting on the floor of my room, staring at my scars on my arms thinking about my mom.

i heard a soft knock on my door.

seconds later, it opened and jack walked in and sat next to me.

he looked at me. "i found this" he said handing over a backside up photo.

i grabbed it from him and flipped it, seeing it was the picture of my mom, in between me and jack from our high school graduation.

this was her favorite picture, she absolutely adored it.

i loved it too.

i smiled a little at it, seeing my moms smile.

it made me so happy.

"thank you" i said to him, he reached over and wiped the tears from under my eyes.

and my mind went back to the last time he did this before he left.

and to the time when i broke up with him and he did this,

and to every other time he did it.

all those times when i has feelings for him, the feelings i thought i had lost but here now in this moment, him doing that again, making all my feelings once again return

"jack?" i said.

he looked at me, waiting for me to continue on what i wanted to say.

"do you love me? still?" i asked him softly.

"i never stopped" he said looking at me in the eyes.

his hand was sitting on the ground between us, i put my hand on top of his. he looked down at our hands and back up at me.

"are you sure?" jack asked me.

i nodded.

"when you left for tour two years ago, i told myself, we wouldn't be us again, you would lose feelings, i would lose feelings, but i also said if it was meant, that we would find our way back, and we did, i didn't realize it sooner but when you were there, when you saved my life that day, that was it." i said.

and with those words hanging between us, he looked at me so lovingly, a way nobody has ever looked at me before.

a way sammy never looked at me, a way any other guy i've ever been with has never looked at me.

a way only he could look at me like.

and then, his lips were on mine, our lips moving in sync together. not sparks, but fireworks.

it felt like everything else was frozen in time, and we were the only people left here.

just us two, that's all i have ever wanted.

he's all i have ever wanted.

after a few moments, we pulled away.

he looked at me, grabbed my hands in his and looked me in the eyes.

"i'm in love with you. i'm so in love with you, and i want nothing more but to spend the rest of my life with you." he said.

i smiled, "i love you" i said.