chapter twenty six ♡

jack ♡

"what do you mean, this won't work?" i asked lily as i followed her into the guest bedroom

"i mean, this won't work" she said putting her hands between us, meaning us, our relationship.

"you don't-"

"jack, you're leaving for two years, you need to face reality. i'm staying at sammys tonight" she said and walked in the kitchen, i watched as she grabbed her car keys and walked straight out that door.

i wanted to cry, i mean she's the love of my life and i mean that with everything in me.

i met her when i was thirteen and fell in love, people say true love isn't real but when i look at her, all i feel is love.

she's so beautiful, her smile is beautiful too.

she reminds me of her mom a lot too, she doesn't notice it but i do. she's so much like her, beautiful like her, stubborn sometimes, smart.

and this hurts. her walking out. i don't know what to do anymore. i don't want to leave her but i have to go on tour.

i know she'd want me to, i know that. two years, i'm leaving her for two years and i find it so hard. i don't know how. i was gonna for eleven months and everything changed.

imagine two years. i can't even imagine two years away from her. i couldn't even imagine eleven months. those months we were apart, sucked badly. i missed her so much and couldn't stand it. i fought through it.

i never got to talk to her, she's going to change, move on. she'll forget me.

i sighed running my hand through my hair, i stood at the door hoping maybe she'd just run through that door any minute but i stood here for hours and she didn't come back.

she's gone. she's gone.

i walked upstairs in her room.

god, it smells like her, i miss her now. i want her to come home. we can work this out, i know we can.

i mean come on, we're jack and lily. we've always worked things out.

we have to. i love her.

i know she loves me too.

i sat on her bed and felt something hard with my foot.

i reached down under the bed and felt a box, i grabbed it.

it was labeled, jack and lily forever

i smiled, i opened it, putting the top on the bed next to me.

papers, keys, toys, it had everything inside. to millions of pictures to millions of gifts.

i took out the key that was connected to a chain at the top.

the chain was labeled, hideout

i smiled, remembering everything.

one summer, we were about thirteen so we had just me not long before. we spent our whole summer building a tree house. it wasn't off the ground. so i guess you could call it a ground house.

we even put a lock on the door so only us, who each had a set of keys could get inside.

nobody else. we would hang out in there for hours. just us. it has everything from us, it had beanbags, chairs, blankets, pictures, toys, drinks, food. we did everything in there together.

we talked about everything in there.

i still have my key.

i went through some more, i saw a picture from when we were seventeen, it was when we went on a road trip to indiana together, to visit, i was smiling with my eyes closed and she was kissing my cheek.

then another from when we were at the school dance, my arms were around her, and she was smiling into my chest.

i can't believe i'm going to leave her for two whole years.

it hits me like a brick.

then i noticed an envelope.

wasn't opened. i picked it up reading who it was from.

it was for me. just as i was going to open it, i heard johnson calling my name from downstairs.

i quickly put it back under the bed and walked downstairs where he was getting himself a water.

"let's go to the studio, we have a session" he said.

a session, i wasn't really feeling it. he looked at me now.

"what happened to you?" he asked.

"i think she just broke up with me" i mumbled.

his eyes widened.

"there's no way, she's in love with you, she's been in love with you for years, i don't un-"

"we're leaving for two years, she broke up with me." i said again.

he understood now and just cancelled our studio session.