Chapter 3

Mare

I woke up startled. I wasn't dead, but I was in a small room with nothing, but a small bed. I was locked in, but around me was only glass. Bullet proof glass. I have no memory of what was actually happening. All I remember is falling into fire, then becoming lightning. I was the lightning. I try to sit up to see what's behind the glass, but as I try I feel a pain bigger than ever. Bigger than any torture I have ever felt. I scream out in pain, and I couldn't even control the lightning that came out of my body when it happened. I couldn't move without feeling pain, but I needed to know where I was.

"Hello," I croak.

"She's awake!" an unfamiliar voice says, "Go fetch his royal highness." The second he says the second sentence I immediately wish I was dead. I was somehow in Maven's clutches again. The Scarlet Guard had failed even after I had used so much lightning to help. I could feel the burns all over my body, but that wasn't the real pain. I had felt burns many times, something was worse this time. It couldn't have been a burn.

"Where is she!" By body lights up with lightning again and shoots it all around the room. I keep doing it every time I feel a mood. It was weird this has never happened. The voice who asked where I was was Cal! I couldn't help but smile in my head. Maven lost again. The Scarlet Guard won. I had many questions. Like where am I, what happened, why is the person calling Cal his royal highness. Maybe no one knows that Cal was being impersonated by Maven. Although with Cal they probably pieced it together.

"Sir, I don't think it's wise to go in there, she's still uncontrollable." The other voice says.

"I don't care, and we've been over this I am no longer a prince, call me Cal." he says. This makes me smile. And another energy buzz around me, but this time the lighting stays attached to my body.

Cal comes in after a few seconds of arguing with the doctor. He's wearing insulators around his body. So I won't shock him I realize. I am dangerous, too dangerous for anyone. This sends out another spark just as Cal walks in. The insulator is the only thing that blocks him from getting electrocuted. I couldn't move as much as I wanted to see him, and it pained me to talk as much as I wanted to talk to him.

"Mare," he sounds relieved.

"What happened?" I force out. He sighs,

"I don't know much. I was drowning when all of a sudden it stopped and there was a huge lightning storm hitting all of Maven's soldiers, and you... you fell into the fire, and I didn't make it to you in time, Maven got you, then you hit him with a lightning bolt, and he fell. He's not dead though, a healer saved him right after he fell, but someone took you away. And put you far away from the battle, even after you were down, the storm continued. You were stronger than anything else. We couldn't bring you anywhere, the storm continued for 5 days, no one could go anywhere by water, or near you without an insulator. When the storm stopped we had to transport you by car. To here, my old hideout, when my family used to go to the Hall of Sun. The doctor used to be my doctor, and only serves to me, don't worry." Everything was racing in my head. I created a lightning storm that lasted 5 days, and I'm still unstable.

"How long have I been out, and what happened to the Hall of Sun," I ask him, "and what's wrong with me?" I ask.

"You've been out for 2 days since the storm stopped, and a total of 7 days. The Hall of Sun was completely destroyed," he says.

"From me," I say mortified.

"It wasn't fully your fault there was a war. One sec." Cal motions to the doctor to come in. The doctor already dressed in insulator. "She wants to know what happened to her, and I don't know as much as you," Cal says.