Chapter 6

Evangeline

We arrived at this underground base to bring some new blood healer to Mare, and to check up on everyone and the plan. Father decided we are leaving in 2 days instead of in 4 days. I don't know why, but father tells me nothing. We are also here to talk about the new arrangement. I'm sure I'll hate it, but not as much as I hated having to marry Cal and become queen. I didn't care about that. I see 3 figures in the distance as we are getting a tour. 2 of them were kissing, but one was sitting down. The third person is standing on the side waiting for them to finish or something. She reminds me, of myself. As we get closer to them I see that the couple was Mare, and Cal. I envy them, how they can have this amazing relationship. I don't recognize the third person, except for the fact she's been to a few meetings.

"Mare, Cal, Cameron, get over here!" Farley yells. Cameron. The other girl was Cameron, she looked maybe 16 or 17. As they get closer I realize what the healer's for. I also start feeling bad for Mare. She was in a wheelchair. I've seen them before on reds. Usually a healer can heal anything. Somehow this was different. Cal and Mare were happy together though. I was jealous of that. Mare is in a wheelchair. I can't stop repeating it in my head. I pity her.

"Tiberias," my father says.

"No call me Cal," he says. My father nods,

"Cal, we need to talk to you in the meeting room, alone," he adds.

"Okay, can you drop me off at my family's place on the way, Cameron you can come," Mare says to everyone.

We stop at a huge door. Mare knocks. A boy maybe 19 opens it.

"Mare Molly Barrow! What are you doing here!"

"Bree Fred Barrow! Can't a girl visit her family!" Mare responds. It's kinda cute how she talks with her family. I don't have that kind of relationship with my family.

"What day is it?" her brother asks.

"I don't know?" Mare responds.

"November 16," I say. A smile dawns on Mare's face,

"And tomorrow is?" her brother asks again.

"The 19th year of me," she says and turns to Cameron, "Let's go somewhere we are wanted Cameron." Cameron laughs and they walk away. I feel even worse that Mare's birthday is tomorrow. I don't think she even remembered it. Mare turns around all of a sudden, "I forgot, are you the healer," she says all sweet to the Ella the 12 year old girl we brought with us. She was shy. She nods her head. "How about I take her for training," Mare suggests. Cal gives Mare a stare everyone sees.

"Let her train before she heals you Mare," he says. Mare sees a sheep and nods to it. She brings everyone over to it. Mare closes her eyes for a second, and all of a sudden the sheep falls with electricity around its wool. I don't know how, she is somehow almost killing someone without anyone else seeing anything. This makes me scared. She could kill Ptomoleous with her mind, and I would never know.

"Ella right, go ahead try and save the sheep. Ella walks over to the sheep and sets her hand on it. She rubs her hand all around it and a few seconds later the sheep is fine. It was amazing. A normal healer whose grown let alone 12 can't do that. Everyone seems impressed. Mare gives Cal a grin. He sighs,

"She can heal you, but you are going on crutches for the next few days." Mare nods and grabs the miny healer's hand.

I don't know where they went, but something tells me next time I see Mare she'll be on her feet. Our group keeps walking to the tiny meeting room. We sit down and father takes the lead.