Chapter 13

Mare

The next few days are great, Cal and I hang out a ton, and I also train and go to guard meetings as much as possible. My lightning is getting up to speed, but it isn't there yet. Ella helps to train me every day, but I still can't grasp onto anyone's body energy yet. My storms are getting strong and I can now make them with eas. Today Ella was testing me in battle and brought a bunch of random silvers to face me. A healer comes to sit at the side of the arena, so no one is hurt for very long. The arena encloses around us. It's me against 3 silvers. I could tell from the moment the battle started

What their ability was. One was a strong arm, which was obvious based on his muscles. One of them was a swift which I could tell from his gentel feet. Finally was Greenwarden, which was evident from the green around her. Ella called for the battle to begin, and immediately I called on my lightning the second I saw the swift start moving. I hit him, but not in time to stop him from whipping by my arm with a knife. The cut on my arm starts to bleed, but I can't stop now. He cowards down at my lightning striking him and he slows down. I call the lightning from the shield around me and strike him down enough that he'll surrender and go to the side to be healed. While I'm striking him, I see the green seeping up at my feet out of the corner of my eye and send a bolt down at the greenwarden too distracting her enough to let go of the green at my feet. The swift does as I expect and retreats to the side to get the electric burns healed. I then focus my energy on the already hurt greenwarden and the strongarm standing next to her. I try to latch onto the energy of the strong arm and greenwarden but I can't feel their energy and fail. The cut on my arm is bleeding heavily now and I can barely move my arm. I use my other hand to send bolts at the 2 of them over and over at different places so they won't be able to dodge them. I strike the greenwarden in the leg and the strongarm in the chest. The strongarm is really weak now the electricity burning his body. I try latching onto their energy again and fail making myself more angry. I send 2 more strong bolts from above both of their heads unnecessarily knocking the 2 of them out on the spot. I see everyone's faces of shock including Cal's.

"Sorry, I got out of control," I say to the viewers.

After Ella gives me a speech about being nice in battle and me responding that in a real battle they are your enemies not your allies, she takes me outside to the fields to practice my actual storms. Out in the fields I calm down from the battle I just finished and calling upon the energy inside of me. Maven knows our whereabouts, but he hasn't bothered us yet. I pull the lightning out from the clouds and make the beautiful day into a storm made of lightning, the bolts raining down on us. Ella screams something to me but I can't make it out as the lightning takes over me and surrounds me. I haven't created a storm in a while as Ella has been 'warming me up' as she says. What can I say, it feels good. I let myself fall into the lightning striking random places. I see Volo walk out angry within a few seconds of my storm. I let go of the storm, the day returning to the beautiful day it was.

"What is the meaning of this! You just took out the power out of this whole wing!" he exclaims gesturing to the building he came from. I shrug, Volo doesn't scare me anymore,
"Sorry, I guess the storm did it on it's own," I shrug. He's mad but he's seen how strong I was before and would not challenge me. No one would. Everyone's scared of me. It hurts, but at the same time it feels good to be powerful. I just wish I could get Maven. I've been going to Guard meetings, but they haven't planned an attack yet. Ella sighs when he leaves.
"We'll practice more tomorrow, something tells me no one's gonna like that you took the power out," she says leading me back inside.

Once Ella leaves me I go to find Cal before the guard meeting. I find him training in the courts just shooting at targets. When he sees me he abandons the flaming targets, that he left on fire to come talk to me.