Movie Night

Every week on a Monday, was movie night. An idea you had thought of while watching a movie with Tom. It was your favourite day of the week. It always felt nice to be snuggled in his arms, his warm heat radiating off of you. You barely needed a blanket. You were the one to bring the snacks, while Tom was the one to get all the blankets and pillows. 

But he wasn't here

He was late. You had already prepared all the snacks on the table, and had stuffed yourself inside a big pile of blankets a pillows. Now all you had to do was wait for him to come home. You weren't mad, nor upset, you understood the pressure of being actor and didn't want to be too clingy on him. So you waited.

9:30pm - His probably finishing off now, be patient.

10:30pm - Give him time, his busy, you know that.

11:30pm - Is he coming? maybe i should call him...

12:30pm - He could of called me, told me he was going to be late.

Another hour had past, it was now 1:30am. He still wasn't here. You were getting drowsy, tired. So five minutes later you found your eyes slowly closing, while your head snuggled into the pile of blankets you had created, longing for Tom.

--2:00am--  --Tom's P.O.V--

I felt bad, so bad. They made me stay back longer at work, longer than i expected. I know i should of called, but that would of waisted time. Time i could of used to get the work done and rush home to Y/n. I know she was staying up for me, and i know she wouldn't be upset. But i would be disappointed with myself for letting her down. I know this was her favourite day of the week. I knew that she enjoyed the nights we shared, watching movies and snuggling with each other.

So when i got home, my heart almost broke.

There she was laying in a pile of blankets and pillows. She had put the snacks on the table and had a movie already set up on the t.v. She had fallen asleep waiting for me. I immediately took some of the blankets off her and sat her on my lap, holding her close to me. I heard her begin to stir and her eyes slowly opened.

"Tom?" her voice was filled with disappointment and longing.

"I'm sorry, i'm so so sorry, they had to keep me back longer than i had expected and i couldn't call you because i wanted to get home as qui--" 

She quickly pecked my lips, cutting me off.

"It's ok Tom i understand, you are here now and thats all that matters" she said caressing my face

I pulled her closer to me and put my head in the crook of her neck, smelling the sweet smell radiating off of her.

A muffled "i love you" came out of my mouth as i heard the soft snores signalling she had once again fallen asleep.