Small Gestures

You've never necessarily liked big gestures. Big gestures inquired something that didn't happen often, maybe even something that will only happen once. But small gestures, they were different. Small gestures displayed a simple act of kindness that can happen at any time, and as many times. It was a gesture that had thought, but was never fully planned out. The gesture is not meant to overwhelm you with an uncontrollable happiness, but it's meant to make you feel in content, meant to make you feel happier then you already are. So that's why they happened quite often.

And every time you surprised him on set, or every time you do the simple act of saying 'I love you', the moment was always saved in the midst of your mind. They act as small gestures because it's never necessarily planned out. It never takes too much thought, and the effort that is required to achieve it is at a low minimum. But then again, anything with Tom doesn't take too much thought. When it comes to making decisions, you don't spare any time to say the solution. It's trust and love that hold you two together like puzzle pieces. It's trust and love that makes your relationship different to everyone else. And all these small, everyday gestures, are just little finishing touches that make your relationship more superior. And sometimes, you can't help but replay these small, unique, gestures.

Your first I love you:

"Tom, where are you taking me?" You laughed into the cold air. Your hands were in front of you, searching for something to give you any hint of familiarity.

"You'll see Y/n, patience is a virtue" He says, guiding you to who knows where.

"Yeah, a virtue I don't have" you reply, only earning a small laugh as a remark.

"You're gonna love it, you just need to trust me" You could feel his gaze on you, only making you smile.

"I've always trusted you Tom" You answer, deciding to hold his hand, using your thumb to stroke the back of it.

"Good, because I really love you" and as soon as you know it, your blindfold is off. You take this opportunity as a chance your surroundings. Here you were, at a beach, scented candles surrounding your figures as the beach waves calmed the setting. The moon and stars were beaming down on you, and you could feel Tom's presence behind you.

"And I mean it Y/n, I really do love you" You turn around to see Tom holding a set of roses. A smile stretched across his face.

"I- I love you too" You say, cupping his angelic face, and pulling him into a loving kiss.

----

This was always the first memory that came to your mind. The gesture was so simple, yet so powerful and meaningful. It wasn't an act of kindness, nor was it an act of respect, it was just the pure act of love. You could see it in his eyes, and you could feel it in his heart, he wasn't faking it, he was truly in love with you. He didn't even need to explain it for you to understand. But this was only the beginning. Your gestures only intensified, and you no longer needed to say 'I love you' in order for him to know that you did truly love him. And the action of expressing your love continued ongoing gestures that happened often, for you and for him.

Sicknesses:

"Tom, babe, you didn't need to skip filming because I'm sick. I can perfectly take care of myself." You say standing up and walking over to him, only to be left lightheaded, nearly falling to the ground. To your luck, Tom caught you in time.

"Really? Because you can barely stand up" he says, carrying you to your shared bedroom.

"Tom I'm fi-- ACHOO" You cover your mouth as you sneeze viciously.

"You're not well, and you're not fine. Which is exactly why I'm staying home with you"

"I'm going to get you sick" you say as he lays you on the bed, bringing the soft silky sheets up to your neck.

"Good. It gives me a better opportunity to stay here with you" He says getting into bed a wrapping his arms around you.

----

Although being sick wasn't necessarily a pleasant thing, it was when it Tom looked after you. He never needed to take care of you, he just preferred it-knowing that you would be more secure if he was there. It was the small act of care that made the gesture so meaningful. Knowing that he would do anything to make sure your okay, made your heart flutter every time. It was a gesture that could be done by both of you. If he was sick, you would take care of him. And if you were sick, he would do his best to take care of you. This of course only ended with the both of you being ill, but that didn't bother you, instead, it rather comforted you in a way.

Some say that these aren't really gestures, but rather an act of respect towards each other. And although part of this was true, there were still some parts that judged completely wrong. Your actions towards each other weren't based of respect, and they most definitely weren't done in order to prove you had a strong relationship. These gestures were choices made by your individual figures. You didn't say 'I love you' because you thought you had to, you said 'I love you' because you truly did love him. Tom didn't take care of you because he thought it was the right thing to do, he took care of you because seeing his love in pain broke his heart into pieces. Deciding to stay home with you was the closest thing he could do in order to make sure that your safe. And to say that these weren't gestures would make anyone a liar. A gesture expresses an idea or meaning. The idea would be thinking of the way to express the gesture, and the meaning would be the message you would be trying to get across. And in you and Tom's relationship, the meaning would clearly state the you were in love with each other. The idea being the way you express it.

And yes, sometimes big gestures are more meaningful and heartwarming. But it's the small gestures that lay the path for the bigger ones.

-------------------------------------------------------------

HAHAHHA, yes, i updated! 

lucky for you guys i'm also posting a Peter Parker imagine right now too... :)