Assault on the Citadel

Xavier reached the bottom and found the Guardian still splashing in the water. He ran up to it and called out, to which the Guardian stopped what it was doing and came over to sit in front of him

"Hey bud, how do you feel about going on a little adventure?"

The guardian squeaked happily, lifting Xavier up onto its head, waiting for instructions.

"Where headed to the Citadel. Do you know where that is?" Xavier asked. The Guardian shook its head. Wondering how to proceed, Xavier unhooked the Sheikah Slate and pulled up the map. He pressed the icon where the Citadel was located, and the Guardian buzzed momentarily. Then it took off down the beach. That must have done the trick, because when he looked back at the map, he could see the icon that represented his location moving down the beach in tandem with himself.

As they were making their way down the East Akkala Beach, Xavier thought of something.

"Do you have a name?" He asked the Guardian. No response. "Would you like a name?" This time the guardian beeped happily, and Xavier began to think of names to call this thing. He once had a pet named Gully when he was younger. The dog sadly died while he was still a puppy, but he always remembered fond memories of playing with it. And remembering the way this machine played in the surf, reminded him of his old dog.

"Do you mind if a call you Gully from now on?" He asked. The Guardian raised one of its legs and used it claws to give a 'thumbs up' signal to Xavier. "Alright, Gully it is."

Gully and Xavier continued to race through Akkala. They passed the beach and made their way along the Akkala Wetlands. Once they were there, they stopped for a bit and waited for the sun to set. The monsters were more active at night, but they needed the cover of darkness to enter. If all went well, Gully would be able to get Xavier inside, and they could destroy the place from within.

____________________________________________________________

The sun finally set and the two made their way up the natural incline, up to the Akkala Parade Grounds. They finally reached familiar ground when they crossed the Akkala Span and set themselves down just across the bridge to the Citadel. Xavier sat behind a bush, while Gully tried its best to hide behind some trees. The two Guardian walkers that were present last time Xavier came by were still there, and several more flying units patrolled the sky. This was going to be the hard part.

 This was going to be the hard part

"You ready bud?" Xavier asked. Gully let out a few concerned beeps but lowered himself into position. Xavier grabbed on to the bottom of Gully and positioned himself to that he would be invisible to any enemies walking near them. When he was fully attached, he gave a small tap, and Gully moved forwards across the bridge. Xavier held his breath as Gully walked right passed the guards and continued its way inside. Finally, out of sight from the entrance, Xavier unhooked himself and crouched down next to Gully.