The Five Pillars

Xavier and Gully headed towards the nearest entrance shown to him on his Sheikah Slate. For some reason, his map page displayed a setting that allowed him to view the entirety of the castle in a 3D model. He could see every room, zoom in on his location, and scout ahead so he wouldn't get lost. After speaking with Zelda, he felt as though he had no choice but to help her. The things he had seen shook him to the core, and he never wanted to feel what he felt in those few seconds ever again. Xavier hid underneath Gully as they passed by a couple Guardian sentries, and then they came to their first problem.

The entrance to the castle they were near wasn't big enough for Gully to fit through, so he wouldn't be able to accompany Xavier inside

The entrance to the castle they were near wasn't big enough for Gully to fit through, so he wouldn't be able to accompany Xavier inside. He would have to go on alone. The thought of this made Xavier squeamish. He had become so use to Gully being there to protect him. Would he be able to make it down to the base of the pillars without him?

"Well bud, looks like i'll have to go on from here by myself. Wait here for me to come back and keep scanning the area for any signs of movement or noise. I might have to end up escaping out a separate way."

Gully beeped sadly, but gave him the thumbs up, meaning he understood his instructions. With that, Xavier entered the castle. Red carpet ran down the long hallway he was at, and his map showed he was coming to a fork in the hallway. He used the map to plan out his course. There didn't appear to be any enemies in the castle. Everyone who had tried to enter must have been stopped at the entrance by the Guardians, so there was no use for an interior guard unit. This brought Xavier a bit of comfort as he made his way deeper into the bowels of the castle.

He passed by a large dining room, with several courses still at the table, as if they had been feasting when they were suddenly attacked. Skeletons still sat at in the chairs, the remains of those who never got to finish their meal. He ignored it and headed further down. He walked down a long hallway with several statues depicting great knights and warriors. He passed by one that held a sword and to his surprise, the weapon seemed to be clean and in proper order. He looked around to make sure the other ones weren't just stone too. They were, so he wasn't sure why this one weapon was real. It was unusually sharp, with a golden handle shaped in a wing pattern. He figured it would help do more damage to any enemies then his small short sword, so he picked it up out of the statues hands and brought it with him.

He turned the corner to find a gruesome scene. Along the length of the hallway were several bodies strewn about. Many wore knights armor, with shields and swords in their hands bearing the mark of Hylia. He recognized the outfit all too well, as his father was a military man. However, there supposed opponents weren't wearing anything he recognized. They donned red and grey body suits, with ponytails sticking straight up. They were all skeletons, but some carried large engraved swords, while some of them held sickles and bows. One common trait among them was the masks they wore. It looked just like the symbol Purah had displayed in her lab. The symbol of the Sheikah clan. However, this one was upside down, and red.