Epilogue

Robbie quickly got to work using whatever materials necessary to temporarily fix Gully. It wasn't perfect by any means, but it would be enough to get him to Hateno Village. However, there was the problem of actually getting him there. Gully's joints couldn't handle the strain anymore, so Purah and Sophie went below to find a carriage in fairly decent shape. They could fix it up, take the top off, and use it to pull Gully and Cherry back to the village.

Gully seemed to groan as he attempted to lift himself onto the carriage, while everyone else tried their best to help him on. Then they hooked up the carriage to the horses and began their journey back home. The trip lasted two days, but hardly anyone spoke the entire time. While they had just pulled out a great victory over their enemies and ensured the resting place of the hero remained undisturbed, no one felt the need to celebrate. Even Purah, who was usually a bubbly fun personality stayed quiet and somber.

They passed the Twin Peaks and soon came upon Fort Hateno. Xavier remembered being here all those years ago, on THAT day. The day everything changed and turned their world into ruins. He was surprised he was still alive. After everything he'd been through, it felt odd being back home again, despite wanting nothing more then to be here not long ago. They passed the fort and came up to the remains of Xavier's old village. As usual, he was saddened by its sorry state, but after seeing what the rest of the world was like, and how devastated everything had become, the thought of repairing the ruins of the town seemed fruitless.

They made their way up the hill and came up upon Hateno Village. The whole town was gathered at the gates, excited for their return.

 The whole town was gathered at the gates, excited for their return

"Welcome back Xavier! Tell us everything!"

"Did you see the castle? What about any survivors!"

But everyone fell silent when they saw Gully being pulled in, and the somber looks on everyone's faces. Mayer Reede approached Xavier.

"Is everything alright? Should I call an emergency town meeting?" He asked.

Xavier just shook his head. "No. A meeting will happen, but it can wait. There's... something we need to take care of first."

The crowd parted and made way for the carriage. Some retreated in fear, others looked on with curiosity. No one dared to come close. Robbie picked up Cherry and began walking away.

"Where are you going?" Purah asked, concerned.

"I'm going to bury her. By that shrine, under the tree. She always loved Sheikah tech. It's how we met and fell in love. I figured it was a good place for her to rest."

No one argued as Robbie left. Xavier hoped he would be okay and would have to check on him later. The rest of the group carried on, passing through Hateno Village. Passed the dye shop, the mayor's house, the residential shops, the milk bar. Finally, they reached Purah's lab. The sun was setting, but they got right to work. Purah headed up to the top of her lab and began hooking up some sort of crane. Sophie helped while Xavier stayed with Gully. The Guardian was more or less unresponsive but would occasionally let out a couple beeps in response to Xavier's comments, letting him know he was still active. Once the girls were finished with the crane, they hooked Gully up and began to hoist him up. It was late into the night now, but they continued their work. Finally, Gully was lifted all the way to the top of Purah's lab, where she had constructed a nest of sorts. A series of poles to support Gully atop her roof.