The Tower

Xavier and Gully raced down the path towards the citadel, and out of Akkala. Xavier was determined to reach the castle as soon as possible. It wouldn't be easy, but with Gully by his side, a fully functional Sheikah Slate, and new armor, he knew he could do it, and finally learn the truth. Behind the calamity, the princess's treachery, and prevent it from happening again. Once he did that, he could finally return home to his parents, and to Sophie.

____________________________________________________________

Four Days Earlier

"So, what's so important you can't just tell me?" Xavier asked, following Robbie out to the back of the lab where Gully lay.

"It's just easier to show you that's all. Come here and look." Robbie replied, grabbing Xavier's Sheikah Slate and holding it up. "Remember when I drew some of your blood and placed it in the slate so that only you could activate it?"

Xavier nodded his head to answer.

"Well when you plugged that slate into Gully here through this connector port, it had the same effect. Resetting him drove out the malice what was corrupting him, and you DNA was in the slate had a lasting impact on him. You might notice he acts a bit different then the other Guardians. Its because if your blood. You two are connected now, ever since you reset him. His wants are your wants, your goals are his goals. He'll protect you to the death if he must. I've never seen machinery function like this before. And the best part is, it can't be undone. I tried with my own blood, and it had no effect on him."

Gully beeped happily, picking up Xavier and placing him on his head, seemingly eager to get going.

"Seems like Gully is ready for another adventure" Robbie chuckled. "Do you have everything you need? Did Cherry give you the supplies we prepared for you?"

"Yes, she did thank you. Are you sure you want me to keep the gloves? There your invention?" Xavier asked, holding up his gloved hand.

"Yeah don't worry about it. You made better use out of them then I ever will here. Where in the castle did you say you were going again?"

"The princess's study. The voice in my dream said I would find the truth there."

"Well be careful, obviously. I haven't been outside Akkala since the Calamity, but I've known others who came from the outside, somehow slipping passed the Citadel. They told me stories about friends and family who went there and were never heard from again. I'd really not like that to be the case with you. Were all starting to like you Xavier" Robbie laughed, slapping Xavier on the back.

"Well I'll do be best. With your help and supplies, and Gully with me, I'm sure I'll be fine."

____________________________________________________________

Xavier and Gully had now reached the Thimms Bridge, just at the base of Crenel Hills He sat at the edge of the bridge, with his feet hanging over the water. He was munching on some oats, trying to toss some pebbles into the center of a strange rock formation in the water below.

 He was munching on some oats, trying to toss some pebbles into the center of a strange rock formation in the water below