Revelations

Xavier swung his sword down in an arc, ready to slice the traitorous princess in half. But where his blade should have sliced through her, it instead passed harmlessly through. Confused, Xavier swung again, but with the same outcome. He swung over and over, blinded by rage, trying to kill her. But he couldn't. Eventually he tired and fell to his knees, panting and defeated.

"Your sword won't work on me. Nor will your fist, or any other weapon you might have at your disposal. Those weapons can only affect a physical body, which sadly, I am not." Zelda said softly, not moving from her spot on the stool. "I know who you are Xavier, and I know what you think of me."

"How could you? Your own country. You were supposed to be the one to protect us. To stop evil from taking this land. You and the entire royal family. But instead you turned against us. Everyone who's died, that's on you. Tell me where your real body is so I can kill you!" Xavier shouted, tears of anger welling in his eyes.

"You're right. It was our job to protect our people. And in that regard, I failed you. I wasn't strong enough. And now my kingdom has fallen. And people like you have been left to live in the ruins. I am truly sorry for everything that has happened. But I can promise you one thing. I did not bring about this monster."

"Horse shit!" Xavier screamed. "You killed everyone in the castle and the town. You let the guardians loose! You got your own knight killed! You did this!"

"I did not!" Zelda shouted, standing up. Her image flickered, and the air around Xavier became dry and he could feel sparks in the air. But it soon faded, and things returned to normal. Zelda sat back down. "I'm sorry. I lost my temper. Please forgive me. But I did not do any of that. My beloved knight, fell trying to protect me. You were there that night, at Fort Hateno. You fled with Purah just before we arrived. I swear to you Xavier it is the truth. And if you will let me, I promised you the whole truth when you arrived. Will you allow me to tell it to you?"

Xavier thought for a moment. The moment the princess lost her cool, the air around him became dangerously charged. He wasn't sure what sort of magic she was using, but he wasn't able to harm her, while she could easily harm him. He decided it was better to let her say what she wanted to say and figure out an escape route afterwards.

"Thank you." Zelda replied following a sharp nod from Xavier. "Now, the Calamity is known by another name by the royal family. The entity was once a physical being. A Gerudo male named Ganondorf. Over time he was defeated again and again, each time losing a part of himself, until he became nothing more than a beast hell bent on destruction, with limited signs of intelligence. 10,000 years ago, he was sealed away by the princess at the time, along with her hero. The beasts power was too much to actually kill, but with the help of the Sheikah, they were able to seal him within a giant dome made of Sheikah technology. The castle, which at the time stood in a different location, was rebuilt on top of that dome, and the former sealing grounds of Ganon rests beneath us. This is why when Ganon was released, he appeared to come from inside the Castle itself."

"

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.