Chapter 17

It's been awhile since we talked. Another month has passed by and me and Jumeirah only see each other by going to Rahhar's hut every once in a while. One day she didn't come and I was getting worried of what was going on. It was getting close to mating season and I didn't have anyone to hang out with. One morning I decided to try talking a walk far from the jungle just to get away from everyone for once. I have been so busy lately. 

That morning, I got up, got out of my den, and started walking west. I eventually ran into Akru on the way.

Akru: Where you headed, what are you up to

Andrew: Oh just taking a walk I have nothing else to do

Akru: Why um....

Andrew: You can go sing with Maki, I know, she already told me last night

I just kept on walking but Akru looked at me as if something was wrong. There is something wrong, I just don't know how to explain it to him. I kept walking west, the direction I started and kept going. There was no turning back. I think it was a good idea I go back to the humans, especially without saying a goodbye. 

Any who, that night I slept on the ground, and by the next morning there were dholes heading my way. I started running as quick as possible because I was outnumbered 15:1. I kept walking west till I headed toward mountains. I got to it then I eventually went to sleep. I took my nap till I heard a wolf.

?: Help someone

I followed her voice but then I stopped when I saw three wolves help a she wolf against a snow leopard. They couldn't stop it so I stepped in as a wolf to help the wolves.

Andrew: Leave them alone

I pounced on the leopard hitting the leopard with my paws before it got back up and almost pounced me. I rolled a couple of times then I used my head to get the snow leopard's attention. I then it tried running off. 

?: That looked easy not even us can do that

?: Yeah now go you are not part of the pack

?: Don't worry about him he is just a little stuck up come on where are you from

Andrew: I am from the Seonee Jungle East of here

?: Wow that is a long walk.

Andrew: I came in search of a mate which I have not found yet

?: Don't you have any females in your pack

Andrew: Yes but they already had males to mate with

?: Oh well I am Tad and that is Omen and the female is Hope yeah she doesn't want any of us maybe she will want you

Andrew: Yeah

I chuckled nervously then followed them back to their pack where a lot of wolves were, even more than us. I followed Tad to the pack leader

Tad: Pa this is Andrew he came looking for a mate but then he ran into us fighting those stupid snow leopards.

?: Hmm he saved you all

He shook his head yes

?: Well looks like we got a strong one on our hands....what's your name son

Andrew: Andrew sir

?: I am Dominic and welcome to our pack but I see potential in you..you want to join our pack

I thought about it for a second even it concludes finding the mate I was looking for even if the wolves kill me if I turn to human accidentally. I took the risk.