26.

Vanessa-

I had my baby,

Deon'tay Kendrick Robins is his name. We was gon name him after Deontre but we wanted his middle name to be after my big brothers. Today is the day we get to take him home. After those long 17 hours of labor I'm exhausted. Even though I slept good the night before , my body is still weak from all that pushing and pain.

Deontre is so attached to his son. He barely lets me hold him. He always walking around him holding him while closing his eyes. Ion know what he be doing with his eyes close but I heard him whisper something like a prayer to him. I think it was the same lil prayer his mom prayed upon him as a child. I can tell it is that prayer cause it's in Spanish.

When we got home from the hospital. Karly was there with all the kids. My girls, & her son and daughters. "Heyyyyy bitchhhh" said Karly. "Awww look at TT Baby" she said as she reached for Deon'tay. She held his little hand and held him against her chest. "He so calm" she said. Deontre went in back and fixed up his lil bed and put his car seat away.

Me and Karly talked for a lil bit til she was ready to go. "My crew!?" She called. "Let's go" she said. All them got they stuff on and left. "Mommy can you watch movies with us ?" Asked Derissa. "Not tonight baby, momma gotta get some rest" I said. She turned away and went back to her room. I felt bad, but my body was so numb.

Deontre took my baby from me and put him in his bed. I went to laid down, but I could still here, Deontre say the prayer to my baby. That little prayer he says to my baby means something significant to him and his mom. That lil prayer, soothes my baby. When my baby was crying in the hospital the other night, Deontre whispered the prayer to him and my baby fell into a deep sleep; almost as if Deontre cast a spell on him.

Deontre came inna room and climbed in the bed with me. He starred me in my face and then kissed me. "I love you" he said. "I love you too" I said in return. I cuddled him close. I'm in deep love. It's like I fell in love with him all over again. He need to hurry up and marry me. I been trying on dresses all week. I wanna be Mrs Robins.

Karly-

My TT Baby is here, I been waiting on him for the whole 9. I been doing good lately. I been coping with my loss and seeing a therapist about my depression. I fell into a deep depression when I lost my husband. It took me til I found my self drowning in sorrow, with drinks after drinks.

I was so drunk to the point where I barely recognized Khadija who was crying cause I wouldn't respond to her. That hurt me even more. I watched my 2 year old cry and I seen my  10 year old grab her and take her away in comfort. I didn't  wanna be a alcoholic, so I went to get help and I been so much better.

I ain't been out no where inna long time. I can't see myself in the club, knowing I got kids at home and my husband gone. The club feels empty when he ain't here, even when I'm out with Nessa, I can't help but  to get the thought about that night I met my man. It all comes back to me.

I woke up early in the  morning, Them kids gotta get up for school and Khadedee gotta go to her daycare. I'm having a lil mom day. My therapist said being my myself can help relieve stress especially if I have kids. I got my kids up and told them to get ready.

I got Khadija up and ready for daycare. She was whining. She ain't a morning person. The kids left the house to get onna bus while I waited for Khadija's van. The van pulled up 20 minutes later and I handed the bus driver my baby. Finally I could relax. I made me some Tea, then I sat and watched The View talk show.

My door bell went off. I turned the tv down and looked through the peep hole. I tightened my robe. I'm naked under this robe. "August ?" I said as I opened the door. "Hey ma, I just wanna talk to you" he said. I let him in. We sat at the table. "I'm sorry for your loss" he said. "Thanks August" I said. "I just wanna tell say, if you need anything, or need somebody to talk to... I'm here" he said.