29.

Vanessa-

Deontre came back in the house packing his bag. "Where the fuck you going" I asked. "I gotta get outta here" he said. "Baby what you do ?" I asked. "I shot him" he said. "WHAT !?" I shrieked. "Ohhh my god" I said. I called Karly but she ain't answer. I am scared as hell to even step a foot in her house the police probably all over her house.

Deontre grabbed a bag and put some money in it and got his stuff and left. My heart was pounding. The police is gonna be here quick as hell , my man a felon. I was shaken, scared as hell. I tried calling Karly again, she was not answering for shit.

My baby started crying. I went to go grab him. I held onto him after giving him his pacifier. I started tearing up. I cried and cried. Cause I know either way it go, he finna be gon for life. Deontre just can't get outta this hood shit and just stop, nahh he want to go kill a nigga.

I wish Karly would just answer. I put all the kids inna car so they could go to they Nana house and then I went to Karly house. "When I got there Karly was inna back of the ambulance getting her arm wrapped up. "What happen ?" I asked as I looked around and seen blood.

Karly was shaking. "He killed him" she said. "Ohh my god" I said. I grabbed Karly and we started crying together. The detectives took Karly and me down to the station. Man we ain't ever been a snitch in our life but the detectives already knew who killed him. So what was the point of lying.

Karly-

My heart was shattered. yes I was in love with August. Now he's gone. August took my Husband and my brother took August. Now I'm finna lose all 3 of them. I can feel my depression worsening. I was sick. My head was spinning. I couldn't sleep at all that night. I was up crying , hard. I couldn't believe August. I was so dumb to even get back with him.

I laid in my bed . It was the morning time, but I was too weak to get up. Karlynn got Khadeedee ready for daycare for me. She only did it cause she seen how I was crying and how stressed I was. After Karlynn left, I managed to get up and put Khadija on her van. I smoked some weed. That was the only way to cope with what I was feeling like now.

I scrolled down my Instagram and I seen August everywhere. A whole bunch of Rest In Peace post and everything. I even seen somebody post a picture of me and him. I seen that picture and for some reason I got sick. I ran to the bathroom and threw up. "Ohh my god" I said.

I was so high. I finally got up and got me something to eat. I was losing weight. My doctor said it was from my depression. I really ain't been tryna eat. The times I ate was with my kids at breakfast cause I ain't wanna see them in distress; or see them worried about me.

I scheduled my appointment to see my psychiatrist and therapist. I need something to help me. "I guess, I sleep in today" I said. I went in my room and fell back to sleep. I needed to rest after all this heavy weight on my chest.

Deontre-

I'm in Puerto Rico. I had to call some comets to get me out here. The feds gonna have to search for years to get me. I'm finna lay low, imma be put up for a while. I can't even talk to Vanessa right now. I gotta wait a few months. Ion want the feds tracking me down.

Man I really popped him. I'm dumb as hell. I ain't mean to but I had that anger in my heart. I knew when I found out who killed him I was gon kill em. I'm at my safe house by the beach. I'm chilling. That lil incident kept replaying in my head. "Damn man" I said. I really smoked August.

It was night time. I needed to go to sleep. I had to smoke a blunt to even get close to sleeping. My dream was wierd. I saw him. I saw Kendrick. "So you just ain't gon learn huh ?" Said Kendrick. I looked around. I was sitting in all white interrogation room. Kendrick was standing there looking disappointed in me.

"I killed him bro, I got him, cause he killed you" I said. Kendrick paced back and forth like he ain't know what to do. "You know you fucked up right ?" He asked. "What you mean bro ?" I said. "Man me and you was suppose to stay outta the streets, and outta trouble" he said. "We suppose to be setting example for our sons" he added. "But a street raised nigga like you, just had to seek revenge huh ?" He asked.

"Yeah, what the fuck you mean ?" I asked. I banged on a table. "We NLMB" I snapped. "I ain't have it in my heart to let a nigga kill my brother and let him live his mf life with my brother's wife" I snapped. Kendrick laughed. "Nigga you just won't fucking learn" he said.

"Well ain't you suppose to marry lil sis ?" He asked. I paused. It was like he hit me with a bomb of reality. "Fuck" I said. I started rubbing my head in distress. "Man fuck it" I said. Kendrick shook his head. "Nigga what about yo newborn ?" He asked "my nephew" he added.

I paused for a long ass minute. Now that's when reality really hit me. "Who finna guide him and my son ?" Asked Kendrick. "Damn I ain't think of that shit" I said. I sat back in the chair in disbelief. "Your selfish" he said. "What you mean bro ?" I asked. I was confused. "I killed him for the sake of you" I snapped.

"You did it for yourself" said Kendrick. "You had anger built up inside you from him taking me a way, so much so, that you didn't think about your family and how it would affect them" he said. "That you killed him to get the pain from eating you alive" he added.

I started crying. All Kendrick said was true. I had anger built of since the day he passed and all I could think of was taking the nigga who killed my brother out. Kendrick walked over and hugged onto me. "Do what's right bro, I love you" He said. I woke up sweating and in tears.

Kendrick read me like no other person has. I never had somebody do that to me. Kendrick basically told me to do what's right, but I don't think I can turn myself in. I mean, my family finna have to talk to me while I'm behind bars for life and how imma marry my wife ?. All these thoughts of me being away was eating me alive. But it was either that or be up there with Kendrick and Ill be damn if I let a nigga take me out.