While she sleeps

Filled with grey shadows, the room was dim, and the floor was cold and hard. Their makeshift bed of random blankets and pillows looked like an escape raft in a sea of liquid black. From above they looked like a painting, his white alabaster skin glowed in the darkness, while hers, golden and freckled, snaked around him, their bodies braided into one, twisted together with a black sheet. A dark knight, making love to his lady, lovingly caressing her, a human shield against the world around her. Ben laid on his side with one arm tightly wrapped around her waist, wide awake, stroking her hair and watching her sleep. Feeling the light tickle of her exhale, Rey's face was snuggled against his bare chest.

Escape. Leave, give it all up. FInd an obscure planet and disappear...together.

Sweaty and smelling of sex, legs twisted together, her arms going this way and that, Rey was lulled by the calm rising and falling of his breathing. Guarding the beating of his heart protectively with her palm and her cheek melting into the smooth skin next to it, she looked so deceivingly innocent.

Petting her like a precious exotic stray,he was examining and memorizing every freckle, every pore of her skin, every expression of her unconsciousness. Holding onto him so tightly, he was touched deeply by her instinct to keep him close, both to protect and to ensure he would not leave her. She was so tiny in comparison to the hard and solid muscular denseness of his body, yet, this slight woman had more strength in her pinky than all of the women he had ever known, combined. And it was not just her force abilities, it was a bottomless source of survival and resolve. The only thing keeping her asleep was the security of the thump of his chest, and the moment he shifted position she would wake, he knew this and regarded it with care, remembering the flashes of a crying child screaming come back.

Dwarfing her hand with his, peeling it away from his skin, he gently kissed each of her fingertips, brushing them against his lips. Briefly allowing himself to contemplate their next moves, he was lost in the sensation of the surprising roughness of her skin against the tender flesh of his mouth. As if he was hypnotized, he continued to kiss and run them back and forth, thinking about how he would never allow her hands to be roughened by labor again, about how they would make this work, about how he was going to have to protect them both in the lions den of the first order. Time had stood still since they heard the door seal shut less than 24 hours before. The First Order was surely scrambling to make sense of what had happened, wondering when their new and terrifying leader would reappear. He would buy as much time as possible, to stay right there, in their warm nest, hidden away from it all. Just Ben and Rey.

Half asleep, Rey dug in deeper and moved closer to his face, pressing her lips against the fingers he held against his. Lazily, her eyes fluttered half open. Gliding down the small of her back, he cupped her buttocks, examining the softness. Holding his face in her hands, she rolled on top of him, sucking on his lips like stretching a rubber band, only to slowly release the tension, working and warming it until it was soft and pliable, unable to snap under the increasing pressure. She had that power over him, but the pureness of her soul did not understand how to manipulate, she only knew how to bring him closer to her, physically and spiritually. To push and pull him, the pain, anger, and confliction, into a stretched out, calmed version of himself.

Settling between her legs, he grazed his fingers back and forth, from front to back, in a rhythmic torturous pace, not particularly focusing on any spot, just wickedly teasing and curiously touching, while absorbing her physical responses. Ben had no sense of embarrassment or self consciousness, and it liberated her,it freed her to be who she was meant to be. She did not recoil from his advances or the extreme intimacy, he gave her the permission, albeit completely unintentional, to feel every sensation with complete abandon. He was just as inexperienced but held no fear, he was blindly driven by wanting to know her, all of her, and wasn't going to stop until he knew every inch, every nuance, every spot that gave her pleasure.

Letting go of his mouth, her head dropped back as her eyes closed, giving into his lead, and falling back into a sweet sleep. Kissing her forehead, he smoothed her hair again, enjoying having the pure pleasure of holding her, smelling her, feeling her skin on his.

Allowing himself to be personally open and honest, he silently admitted that he had never loved anything in his entire life until now. Needed, yes, but loved? Han, Leia, Luke, he loved them as a family member should, but they had shut him out, succumbing to their fear of his strength and power. Cut off, alone, and angry, he rebelled the only way he knew how, and that anger was fueled and aided by a master manipulator. Feeling a sudden wave of shame, he knew Han was right...he was right. Snoke had masterfully used him. It was time to embrace his power, to fight for what was worth...everything. To save them both. Selfishly, he could have cared less about the galaxy and its salvation. It was only for her. Always and forever, for Rey.